anyone using feed from "Patriot Farm & Bison" in Winlock?

RainMom

Songster
6 Years
Jan 27, 2013
Hobart, WA
Hey there,

I just saw an ad for Patriot Farm and Bison, local grower producing "natural" feed (no roundup-ready seed). They are from Winthrop but have "drop sites" in Olympia, Pacific, and soon to be Puyallup. I was intrigued because they have a no soy, no corn blend. The price seems very reasonable. They are on FB . I ordered 2 bags of the oat-barley-canola blend (no corn, no soy!) to pick up on Saturday or soon after from pacific, and am excited to try it out.

Has anyone used their feed? If so, any FEEDback? http://www.patriotfarmandbison.com/FEED.php

(p.s. I've also asked my local family owner feed store- Iron Horse Hay and Feed to consider carrying it.)

I've bought layer and grower feeds from them and was really happy. The farm is nice and the owner is super helpful. We need more folks like them. My layers loved the feed and my meat birds grew as expected.

I bought about 1 ton of a custom Non GMO mix from them for 100+ Cornish Cross and the results are devastating. At 7 weeks these birds weigh 1 - 2 pounds and because of my schedule this summer only have 2 more weeks where I have the ability to slaughter. I'm thinking about totally ditching the feed and going conventional so they at least gain some weight and the entire crop is not a total loss.

Originally when I ordered the Non GMO feed I was told that the extra expense is because of all the fish protein they use, but when it arrived was told that some of the fish protein was substituted with a high protein grain.

I feel like I've been ripped off and am in the process of trying to get a refund for the existing bags so that I can buy some real feed.

Will keep you posted.

I use the 16% no corn/soy layer feed from Patriot (in Winlock, WA). I have good luck, and hens seem to like it. Good eggs production. I did not like the max grow they produce as chick starter. Too much fines and birds wouldn't eat it. I suggest trying one or two bags before committing to see how your birds like it.

Back
Top Bottom