Anyone want hookbill hatching eggs?!?! I'm in Western Washington and the eggs will be ready in about a month!

Do you want hookbill hatching eggs or ducklings?

• Yes!!!

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Maybe....

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No.

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
sorry no. i love all poultry! and hook bills are so cute!!! and i love that there is some one on BYC who is breeding them :). but....i cant have any :( from my understanding our borders are really picky and dont let eggs live animal etc its the same reason we dont have serama chickens, so as sad as it is i cant help the hook bill ducks :(
Where are you? I've heard that Hawaii is super picky but I have been shipping hatching eggs there no problem for years 🤷

I would love to get a few, my mom tells me how when she was little she had some ducks and I've been looking at getting her a couple of ducks plus my dad wouldn't be mad because he has a snail problem that ducks would help with(he says he was looking into it and saw that they eat snails) and hookbills are so adorable! My mom and I and my older siblings had some great times hatching eggs, we hatched quail and chickens and it was a lot of fun taking care of them. My family is planning on moving, though and I don't think that we could buy them currently because our next house might be a rental (plus we live in California and I don't know if it would be safe to ship them to such a different climate):(

Otherwise, I could ship you hatching eggs!!
Are you aware of and complying with import/export laws regarding hatching eggs across state lines?

Are you aware of the highly pathogenic avian flu found in Washington (and many other locations) this year? And have you gotten any of the "free" testing offered by your state?... (I'm not recommending it, just asking questions in case others want to know).

The flowing link includes information as well another link with an interactive map..

https://agr.wa.gov/departments/animals-livestock-and-pets/avian-health/avian-influenza/bird-flu-2022

I'm unsure if can pass through hatching eggs.. but I'd be willing to bet it could pass ON them thought dust/dander and spread before going into the incubator.. IDK.. I'm still learning and it wouldn't be worth the risk to me

Please be conscientious of biosecurity not only for ones own flock but for all of us so that our adventures continue. Thank you!

Happy hatching! :jumpy:jumpy

Are you aware of and complying with import/export laws regarding hatching eggs across state lines?

Are you aware of the highly pathogenic avian flu found in Washington (and many other locations) this year? And have you gotten any of the "free" testing offered by your state?... (I'm not recommending it, just asking questions in case others want to know).

The flowing link includes information as well another link with an interactive map..

https://agr.wa.gov/departments/animals-livestock-and-pets/avian-health/avian-influenza/bird-flu-2022

I'm unsure if can pass through hatching eggs.. but I'd be willing to bet it could pass ON them thought dust/dander and spread before going into the incubator.. IDK.. I'm still learning and it wouldn't be worth the risk to me

Please be conscientious of biosecurity not only for ones own flock but for all of us so that our adventures continue. Thank you!

Happy hatching! :jumpy:jumpy
Thank you for your concern. No we have not had a need to have our flock tested. We are a very small farm, not a commercial farm. Our birds are locked down in completely covered runs and are not free ranging. They have no contact with any wild birds. We are being VERY cautious with our flock and there haven’t been any cases close to us. We have received and shipped eggs and it’s up to each persons comfort level I suppose. Again, appreciate your concern, but we are well aware of avian flu, the website you attached and all of the concerns you have. Many people ship eggs on here and it’s definitely up to each persons comfort level. Have a wonderful evening!

We have received and shipped eggs and it’s up to each persons comfort level
Many people ship eggs on here and it’s definitely up to each persons comfort level.
So then you are aware of import/export laws for hatching eggs but choosing not to comply. Laws are only for those who follow them. Your right each to their own liberty.. it's a weird political nightmare to navigate.

Got it.

I'm glad your flock is healthy and not in the quarantine zone.
Thanks for the reply, have a good evening also!

Last edited:
I would love to get a few, my mom tells me how when she was little she had some ducks and I've been looking at getting her a couple of ducks plus my dad wouldn't be mad because he has a snail problem that ducks would help with(he says he was looking into it and saw that they eat snails) and hookbills are so adorable! My mom and I and my older siblings had some great times hatching eggs, we hatched quail and chickens and it was a lot of fun taking care of them. My family is planning on moving, though and I don't think that we could buy them currently because our next house might be a rental (plus we live in California and I don't know if it would be safe to ship them to such a different climate):(
I don’t have hookbill eggs to sell right now… they all got eaten by eagles and raccoons… but if you want ducks, I’ve got khaki Campbell eggs! They are $20 a dozen! Ducks are GREAT for slugs and snails! And my ducks won’t mess with the gardens! They need a small kiddy pool, special duck pellets, and space! I don’t think it would hurt the eggs to ship them to California, I’ve shipped eggs to AR and they did fine! If you want hookbills though, someone in AZ had hatchings eggs, and Dave Holderread in Oregon has adult ducks for sale!

Next year I’ll have hookbill eggs for sale! They will be $40-$45 a dozen!

Back
Top Bottom