Anyone want to get into shape this summer?

A journal helps.

I'm now down 25 lbs since July 21st.

It has NOT been easy, but my blood pressure is really good. 110/60 with a pulse of 54. I've been going up the mountain daily except Thursdays and walk 4 miles on that day

We are dual beings. For me it's a matter of my spirit ruling over my body rather than visa versa.

Keep going y'all! it helps to know we are in this together.

gina and mohonri------I'm VERY proud, way to go!!
thumbsup.gif

Hi all. Sorry I havent posted here in a bit.
Well I lost another 2 lbs. Coming off slowly.
I heard from my doctors office yesterday. No \ hing broken in the ankle/foot. So they want me to start physical therapy now. Which to me makes no sense. I mean they dont know what is wrong and they want to send me to a PT? Shouldnt the next step be looking for ligament damage via a MRI or just even a podiatrist?
Needless to say I am not comfortable with the beginning PT without knowing WHY it hurts. So I am going to find out who one of my friends at the park uses for a podiatrist and go see him first. I just feel like I am constantly like "what?" when it comes to the way my doctors office does things. First it was my echo showing "nothing of significance" so "No further steps need to be taken" Even though I have a known valve issue and they "couldnt get a clear view of that area"
And now this. Makes no sense. Only thing I can guess is that either the MRI would cost too much for them to "do" or the PT costs more.

Grrrr. I am still walking, but have cut down the time on the treadmill. Solely because it hurts and I am so freaking busy lately.Fudge season is nearly upon me as well. So weekends that I have orders or events coming up I will be in the kitchen.

I will try and catch up more a bit later, right now I need to wlak and get kid to play group. Last week before she starts school!!

Congratulations to all you guys who are meeting your goal, whether it's # of pounds lost, or just having the goal of starting to do something about your health. Success breeds success!

Lost another 4 lbs ... down 29. It has NOT been easy. I'm still walking up the mountain at night and I don't eat anything after 2PM. Slow and steady. My kids have started to notice. 122 lbs to go. I've only been at it for 45 days so that's a little over 1/2 lb lost each day. Just praying I can keep it up, it will be hard if I start to plateau.

I am now in great shape lol 6 pac an all. Cross Country and squash playing every day. I lost 25lbs since last winter.

Henry

It's slow, but I am now down 36 lbs. since July 19th when I started this.

My wife has a goal for me of being 55 down by Christmas. We'll see.

I'm finally getting used to not eating after 2PM. It's hard but it works.

Ok, well since this was a summer thread and the summer is over, I'll post my progress. Down 7 pounds and keeping it off. May not seem like much, but slow and steady is the only way I can keep it off.

I just joined the Y and immediately won 2 free personal training sessions! Woo!

Yup.

Summer is over and I continue the battle.

Down 48 lbs since July 19th.

Did a 7 mile hike today. It was about 78 degrees so it was a real nice hike. Took me an hour and 45 minutes.

I will continue this into next summer!

Back
Top Bottom