Anyone want to lose some weight too? So I'm not starvin' by myself?

Just got my lunch from wendys
small chili 220 calories
ultimate grilled chicken 320

I had 340 for breakfast taking me to 880 so far I'm having a big Ol salad for supper....
smile.png

What do you put on your salad?

I am not a huge fan of paying the premium prices for produce at the market so I have gotten creative on salad topppings...

Feta, almonds, tortilla strips, bacon bits, croutons, egg, shrimp

What else can you do to dress up a salad and not spend a fortune?

Quote:
My salads are lettuce (of course LOL)
cucumbers, peppers, onions, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, sometimes ham and cheese (leaving those off tonight) I've got a few calories left for the evening so Im having regular ranch dressing. I'm really tryin to stay away from the low fat, no fat, and artifical sweetners sometimes they do more harm than good. So I just save enough calories to cover the real thing. I'm only drinking 1 diet pop a day to keep me from getting caffiene headaches.

Oh I'm being lazy this evening and My salad is coming from pizza plus, hubby is picking it up for me..you can get a lg salad with whatever you want on it for $5.99 I think...mmmm mmmm good!!

I didn't get my whole exercise routine in last night but did manage to do 20 minutes of step aerobics while talking on the phone.
big_smile.png

Got up late this morning but managed to do a 30min run/jog on the Wii. If I can get off BYC and do my online school work that is due today I'll have more time to finish my calorie burning goal tonight.
hide.gif

I'm trying something new for dinner tonight, homemade blackbean burgers and sweet potatoe fries. I hope it tastes as good as it sounds.

Did my 40 minutes with Jillian Michaels and had my salad for lunch.Dont know if I want to go for a run with the dogs tonight LOL ...but I will

Quote:
apple chunks, grapes(weird but good), onion, dill spears, and baby carrots. bacon fat drizzled over the top(suprisingly low cal) lemon juice spritzed on, just throw in whatever you like. We put turkey chunks in ours too sometimes.

The very best way to go about regaining health, and losing the extra weight without damaging the body, and ensuring you will not gain it back, is to eat Real Traditional Foods.
Dump all processed foods, and all ideas of low fat being a good idea.
Every cell in our body is made up of 50% saturated fat. The brain is fed by saturated fat.
There is a reason why low fat dieters get so cranky.
And, yes, it has been proven, even before the theory was announced, saturated fat does not cause heart disease.
Processed milk and processed oils do.

A diet high in good fats, moderate protein and low carb will always work.
Good fats to consume are real lard ( not storebought), raw butter and raw coconut oil.
Science has proven over and over the these are not only good for the body, they are in fact essential.
They will also go a long ways in preventing dementia in later life.

And just in case you are curious, real fats will not out on pounds. It is impossible for that to happen.
However, fake fats, processed sugars and processed carbs will and do pack on the pounds.

I am very passionate when it comes to teaching others how to regain health by eating real foods.
Nourish the body. Do not deprive it.

By the way, I strive to get 50 to 70% of my calories from real fats.
This means I am not feeling hungry all the time, nor am I craving junk.
I have not attained a proper weight yet, due to a slow healing thyroid, but I have a very different body form what I had when I left behind conventional dieting.
It truly works.
And no, I do not profit from any of this
smile.png

Quote:
THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS! This is the most likely reason I am dropping 3-5 pounds a week and not really trying. We have gone (almost..lol)TOTALLY MSG free for the last 3 months, and that is contributing to my weight loss. I still have soda, and ocassionally chips and candy, so I'm not completely free of these junk foods, but it's working because I have replaced 80% of our meals with completely natural foods. More than 5 ingredients and it's not consumed for the most part. It has taken me forever to get this far!! SO many foods are now off limits, I allow a cheat about once every 2 weeks just to kill a craving.
big_smile.png
But, for the most part....I would have NEVER lost 11 pounds any other way. I don't even work out AT ALL, I mean to but, haven't yet, other than usual stuff like housework and Wii Fit every blue moon
smile.png
So, I gotta say I completely agree with you.

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS! This is the most likely reason I am dropping 3-5 pounds a week and not really trying. We have gone (almost..lol)TOTALLY MSG free for the last 3 months, and that is contributing to my weight loss. I still have soda, and ocassionally chips and candy, so I'm not completely free of these junk foods, but it's working because I have replaced 80% of our meals with completely natural foods. More than 5 ingredients and it's not consumed for the most part. It has taken me forever to get this far!! SO many foods are now off limits, I allow a cheat about once every 2 weeks just to kill a craving.
big_smile.png
But, for the most part....I would have NEVER lost 11 pounds any other way. I don't even work out AT ALL, I mean to but, haven't yet, other than usual stuff like housework and Wii Fit every blue moon
smile.png
So, I gotta say I completely agree with you.

Your welcome
smile.png

Are you familiar with the work of Weston A Price?​

Back
Top Bottom