Anyone want to lose some weight too? So I'm not starvin' by myself?

I was 110 lbs before kids and went to 207 then had another child, So after my last I decided to walk everyday even if only 20 mins. I then used a smaller plate with each meal and cut back to 1200 cal a day and I am now 112 lbs. So you can all do I'll be checking good luck it's not easy but doable.

Sorry to have been gone, school has been crazy (near failing my last semester!) so I've been busy with that. However tonight since my christmas babies are almost 16 weekswe decided to put them out with the big kids and it didn't go great so I figured it was time to check in with BYC and I remembered this thread! It has been a slow process since school has gotten nuts but I'm still making progress! It's been only about half a pound a week the last few, but I'm officially down 17lbs and reached my 10% goal today! hooray! So keep at it ladies...we'll all get there!

I have sadly fallen off the wagon recently and let me hobbies (garden and chickens) and my husband's new business be my scape goat for not spending more time at the gym. I'm back up to 175 where I started, and I went to the doctor last week where he pointed out I now have a goal of 155, and then we'll set a new one after I come see him. So bummed, and disappointed in myself.

I don't really eat poorly, but again, I was back to eating late night snacks... like peanuts, or grapes with cheese and crackers! I just need to stop myself at dessert after dinner. And only 1 dessert! So I'm trying again! 20 lbs off goal... and I even ate strawberries for a snack after dinner ( which was BBQ chicken and a salad with articoke hearts and low fat dressing), and now walks after dinner.

I CAN and will do this!!!!!!!!

I finally made it to 185. I will be so happy once I get below 180.Still not eating meat.Started snacking on frozen blueberries and carrot.Got tired of oatmeal in the am,so for now I am doing an omlete(sp) wrap that has mushrooms and red peppers in it with one egg only.

Haven't done the exercise videos since the kids were home on break.Just replaced it with yard work. Still juicing.

Going to wait another month before I get bloodwork done,and see how my bp is. I really really want to get off my bp meds.Also hoping the no-meat will mean a lowering of my LDL.

I was boiling some chickpeas recently to make some falafel(sp) burgers,but got on the phone and left them to burn.Going to give it a whirl again today.I haven't had falafel for ages.Not eating meat isn't so bad,but there are some things I can't replace.It has probably been a month now without meat.

Healthy vibes for all!

Hows everyone doing. I jumped off the wagon for about 2 months, good thing is I've jumped back on. I'm still doing my Weight watchers online, but I needed a bit more support so I've also incorporated meetings. It's such a struggle with food that I need all the support I can get. Hope your all doing well and going strong.

Alright......I started southbeaching hard a week ago. I had to. My 6 year old didn't like the way I looked in my brown blouse. I could be wrong, but I felt she was right.....not just about the brown blouse, but that I wouldn't look very good in anything now. So that did it for me. I have lost a bit of weight. About 5 to 7 so far. It is easy now that I am on a roll. Plus if my 6 year old had been alone in what she said, it would be one thing, but my 21 year old cemented my conviction in. I was coming downstairs and my hair was in a bun and she said,' here comes the Trunchbull' Thankyou. Not only a fairly large woman, who is made up to look bad, but the villian in a movie too. I can take it when they call me Mrs. O'Hara. Oh well.....I love them anyway. But I couldn't take it that they might not be proud of me, so no potatoes, rice, bread, etc. And me and various flavors of turkey have gotten very friendly with each other over the last few days.

Well I'm horrible at checking in, but here goes: I'm doing pretty bad the last few months at excercising because of certain unforseen events that hit like a ton of bricks, but I'm maintaining 166, I lack about 15 lbs to be to goal weight (any less than 150 with my body type I'd be skin and bones, I'm built like a linebacker lol.) So yeah. Plus the way I've been eating the last month, how I haven't gained anything's so far beyond me it's scary lol.

I remember Trunchbull. It's the Matilda movie. Lol,that would motivate me!

I am still not eating meat. Finally hit 182 this am which for me is good since I used to be 200.It would go faster if I worked out,but I have so much yard work to do. I was at the resale shop yesterday looking for cloths for dh's citizenship ceremony today,and there were soooooo many nice things there....for the lean woman.The cloths for my size was all so big and flower printed. I am majorly into form fitting dresses that reach almost to the floor.So besides the more important health reasons there is that nice cloths calling to me to keep at it.

Mattemma-Good for you for staying on plan & not eating meat, sounds like your moving in the right direction.

A1 Steak Sauce-I think those last 15 are probable the hardest to lose, your so close to your goal..Good Luck.

rhoda_bruce-Way to go on the southbeach, the one thing nice about the low carb diets is you can lose pretty darn quickly, keep up the good work.

Me, I'm hanging in there today. I'm sick with a cold so it's soup tonight for dinner. I only jumped back on the wagon on Monday, but so far so good. I can do pretty good for the first week or two then it starts to get a bit tougher. I really need to stay on plan since I have a high school reunion I'd like to look half way decent for in July. I'm also headed to Calif in June to see my dad so I need to drop some weight to feel better about wearing my shorts in all that heat.

I am coming late to the party, but would like to join in
smile.png

My stats:

Height: 5'3"
Weight: 242 lbs

I've actually lost about 15 pounds from the beginning of Feb, when I was at 257 (my highest weight EVER, went to the endocrinologist at the end of January and cried when I got back to my car . . . ) to the beginning of April of this year. Then I got sick and really fell off the track. I'm now healthy enough to get back to it. A few weeks after the endocrinologist's appointment . . . I decided right then and there that I simply refused to spend the next third of my life as a fat chick. I wasn't fat as a kid or a teenager, or even a young adult, and it's my goal not to be fat again. In past years I have worked on all the emotional and psychological issues surrounding my food addiction and I am FINALLY having some success, doing my doc's plan.

I am exercising 5 days a week doing cardio and strength training (also some balance and ball work to strengthen my core) and I am not calorie counting, though my doctor recommends it. When I lose 10% of my body weight, I'd like to join a Pilates or Zuma class (my YMCA offers them free with my membership).

What I'm doing is following my endo's "program" . . . all it is is:

1) lots of real green tea (no sugar, but green tea doesn't need it, particularly if it's flavored with jasmine or another naturally sweet herb/flower) . . . he says green tea helps regulate your metabolism, and he wants me to have 3 cups or more a day. It's a good thing I love tea anyway! LOL!

2) To eat healthy meals comprised of high-fiber, whole grains, lots of veggies, almost no added sugar, a lot less simple carbs, and a goodly amount of protein, particularly fish and chicken. I personally have added no high-fructose corn syrup, no soda, really lowering my caffeine intake, really lowering my processed and/or simple carb intake, and trying to eat real, whole food with no preservatives or chemical additives. Oh, and I quit eating fast food altogether, although I've been ignoring fast food for about 5 years.

3) He recommends a lifestyle switch in which you only restrict your calories every other week. He says, "It's impossible to perpetually restrict your diet. People, including you, *will* snap and binge eventually, which pretty much negates any benefits they might have made. Be nicer to yourself, and don't force yourself to do something you can't do." This seems pretty easy to me, because I (like many of you, I'm sure) tried to restrict my calories a la Weight watchers or some other program and I could only do it for about 3 months at a time before I gave up and reverted. It's so much easier to only restrict your calories for one week, and then go back to eating good meals in the correct portions (but not worrying about how many calories that salad dressing is) the next week.

4) My doc wants me to exercise doing at least 60 cardio high-heart-rate exercise 7 days a week. Yeah, right. But I am managing, now, after about three months of it, to do 45-50 minutes of that sort of exercise 5 times a week, which I think I might be able to push to 6x/week, but not every single day. Dang. When I started I couldn't do more than 20-30 minutes 3x/week, so for everybody who thinks you can't, if I can (over 250 lbs and with asthma and degenerative disks to boot!) than you can too, you just have to start where you are, and move forward.

My goal is pretty straightforward. I am not and will never be a skinny, willowy body type. My body is that of a 1940's pin-up girl. I have medium-to-large bones, and a TON of muscle, and the same 'look' as Mae West or Marilyn Monroe. I am a work horse, not a show horse. And I will never be the tall, thin body structure that's all the rage right now . . . but I'm ok with that. I prefer having (and showing) my muscles. I like being a strong, fit woman!

I don't want to try to get to 115 lbs or some insanely (for me) low #. And BMI will always be a crock for me because of all my muscle. What I *do* want to do is get lean, I'm hoping to eventually build more muscle while losing fat and wind up at approximately 18-20% body fat. And whatever that means in terms of number of pounds, I'm cool with it.

The last time I'd gotten to this sort of goal I was 170 pounds, but I was an attractive, fit, *lean* size 10-12. Right now I'm a very fat (40% body weight, ugh) size 18 from the waist down, size 22 from the waist up. This needs to change! And it is changing, when I started this process, I was a 26 on top and a 22 on the bottom.

The other thing that works for me so far is to have tiny goal weights for weight loss purposes. I try to lose 2 pounds per weight loss goal. Right now 240 is my next goal. It feels self-defeating somehow to have 5 or 10 pound weight loss goals. But I know I can accomplish losing 2 pounds at a time
smile.png

Thanks for starting this thread, I'll let you all know how it goes here and there. My goals are small, the process slow, it will take 2 years at a minimum for me to get where I want to be, but when I hit a big milestone, I'll certainly share!

Whitewater

Back
Top Bottom