Anyone with hatch date Oct 15-25?!? Check out this thread!

Thanks. That is what I needed to know. I want them to be okay so bad I just don't want for too much time to pass and someone say I should have helped and it be too late. That makes me feel better. My first hatch I don't think my humidity was right and I fear some of them drowned when they pipped......so that is all I keep thinking about. Although this time my humidity was spot on the entire time so that shouldn't be an issue.

Quote:
I know, it's hard to wait but I think they should all be fine and hatch unless it's just not meant to be. I think if they developed on track to this point then they should be fine. We had one that took 36 hours to zip.. Patience
fl.gif

Hi Everyone!
I have a hatch day for 10/23. Have 8 Araucanas and 7 Olive Eggers......at day 10 looks like I have only 4 good ones, 2 of each. This is my 3rd hatch (all shipped eggs) and I was hoping for a few more, but anything to me will be a blessing. My first hatch I had 10 BCM's...none hatched and 24 araucanas...4 hatched and they all got pasty butt and died. Second hatch I had 8 BCM's and only 2 hatched but they are darling and perfect and doing well. It's been a challenge and a good learning experience and I've loved everything about it! We are trying the Araucanas again....my friend who helped me build my coop really wants some blue eggs! I wish everyone the best of luck with their hatches and sweet fuzzy butts.
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I hand turned this time. I've had no issues with it but I can see where you would definitely want a turner if you were going to hatch on a regular basis! It's time consuming!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
You can opt out since you have valid excuses.

I was excused because of being a home school parent! Thanks for your prayers!

GOOD!!!!!!! I tried to get out of Jury Duty once and they made me feel like I was Neglecting my Civil Duty. Ha Ha

just saw this thread. i have six EE eggs in my homemade incubator.21 days will be oct 23rd, so today is day 15. i candled them for the first time this past friday which was day11. it appears that two are not viable. and the other 4 have movement inside.
my wife is having surgery on wednesday so i will be at the hospital most of the time. i will turn them up until maybe thursday or friday morning. sound right?? these are our first eggs. we bought three EE and they were in with a roo so we took the chance to see if we could hatch a few out.
we built our bator from a youtube video showing how to wire etc. it only took a couple hours to get it set up and running at a constant 99.9 degrees.

AG

Quote:
Best of Luck with your hatch, Gary!!!! What do you mean "turn them up" Humidity? If so that will be correct. Hope your wife is okay too.

Just ousted the other 30 eggs to another Bator to get ready for lockdown this evening. I'm going to candle everyone one last time before lockdown. Nerve racking!
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom