anything and everything

Ok! So you will need to have a loft, maybe 2, one could be used for breeding, and one for flying.(depending on breed) or you could split the loft in two. You need to get 15% protein feed. Water dish needs to be one inch deep so they can suck it up. You need to have nest boxes, 1 ft. by two feet long MINIMUM. You will need to have perches for lots of extra pigeons than you plan on having. Breeding them will add complications if you dont have a way to seperate flyers so this is where 2 lofts come in handy. A good rule of thumb is to have 3 or 4 sp. feet per bird with adequate nestboxes and perches. You will also want to (if flying) do a call evertime you feed, I whistle but you could do whatever you want. Any qeustions? It would help to know if you are going to fly or not.

Ok! So you will need to have a loft, maybe 2, one could be used for breeding, and one for flying.(depending on breed) or you could split the loft in two. You need to get 15% protein feed. Water dish needs to be one inch deep so they can suck it up. You need to have nest boxes, 1 ft. by two feet long MINIMUM. You will need to have perches for lots of extra pigeons than you plan on having. Breeding them will add complications if you dont have a way to seperate flyers so this is where 2 lofts come in handy. A good rule of thumb is to have 3 or 4 sp. feet per bird with adequate nestboxes and perches. You will also want to (if flying) do a call evertime you feed, I whistle but you could do whatever you want. Any qeustions? It would help to know if you are going to fly or not.
Seconded!

Also before buying birds, buy them all that they need for if they get sick. Corid will probably be the one thing you will for sure always end up using atleast once a year. Make sure to have other types of medicines ready and make your own little first aid kit for your birds if anything happens to them if they get injured or sick.

For floors, If its a wire one it must be able to be removed so you can clean it, if it's a wooden/solid floor then you should use straw or shavings so you can clean it.

I can attest to this. I have a wood platform for them to sit on...and that platform is now full of pigeon poop. I don't even want to scrub it and clean it. I just want to toss it.

Back
Top Bottom