APA 2010 National: Show Results updated in post #1

Quote:
Can someone post the info on the BYC lunch on this thread. Can't find it on the Okie thread. Those Okies talk way too much!

Note: I lived in Oklahoma most of my life, so I can say that!

See everyone at Shawnee! I will be hanging out with the turkeys, the Buckeyes, the Orpingtons.....well I will be at my own table some: Jim's Farm Stand. We will be taking orders for our carports, steel buildings and backyard coops. If you don't see me, call my cell and tell me where to meet you at.

We have a room reserved at the Holiday Inn. Hope to see many of you for breakfast at the Holiday Inn.

Jim
870/723-3724

Do we have a meeting time for breakfast yet??
big_smile.png

I am going, though I am not well prepared. I still need to find directions and print them out. I have not reserved a room, as I thought I could just easily get one. I hope I don't end up sleeping in my car.
th.gif
Meals? Heck, I did not even think of that!
hmm.png

Quote:
I'm sure there are still some rooms, Kathy. Some of us out of staters are staying at the Comfort Inn in Shawnee.

Quote:
I found one last minute....can't remember which one. Hope it isn't too bad. Guess I need to find out where I am staying
lol.png

Quote:
Kathy,

Call the Holiday Inn of Shawnee. Ask for the Poultry Show rate. Breakfast is included. Also, you will want to get a ticket for the Saturday evening APA Banquet. There are hot dogs etc at the show room. If you run into any trouble finding anything, just call me (870 723 3724). I used to live near there.....a lifetime ago! FYI: Bring an electric heater and an extension cord. Several years I could not afford a room and would plug into the RV hookups and just sleep in my truck. Not too bad.

The Oklahoma State Poultry Federation website: http://www.okspf.com/Show_Information_.html

Directions
from the Heart of Oklahoma Exposition Center website at: http://www.shawneeexpo.org/map-directions

From the North

•Take I-44 W
•Take the OK-66 exit- exit number 158- toward WELLSTON.
•Turn LEFT onto OK-66.
•Turn RIGHT onto US-177 S.
•Turn left at W Leo St

From the South

•Take Hwy 3 West for approximately 47 miles
•End at US Hwy 177 N & Leo St.

From the East

•Take I-40 W toward OKLA. CITY
•Take the OK-3E/KICKAPOO ST exit- exit number 185-
•Turn LEFT onto OK 3E/N KICKAPOO ST. Continue to follow N KICKAPOO ST.
•Turn RIGHT onto US-270 BL W/KICKAPOO SPUR.
•Merge onto US-177 N/US-270 W/OK 3W W.
•End at US HWY 177 N & W INDEPENDENCE ST

From the West:

•Go East on I-40 toward FT. SMITH.
•Merge onto US-177 S/US-270 E/OK 3W E via exit number 181 toward SHAWNEE.
•Make a U-TURN at W WALLACE ST onto US-177 N/US-270 W/OK 3W W.
•End at US Hwy 177 N & W Independence St

Info on the Banquet:

BANQUET
Make plans to attend the annual APA Banquet
The banquet will be held at 7:00 at the Heart of Oklahoma Expo Center Conference Center at the show location.
The cost will be $15.00 per person and the menu will be Smoked Brisket and Roast Turkey and Dressing. Vegetables would be Green Beans, Whole Corn and Mashed Potatoes. A beverage choice of iced tea or water. A dessert and hot rolls will also be available.
The APA Annual Open meeting will follow the banquet.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom