Apparently egg laying is all day event

Well being that it was 9 out his morning when I went to give water I would like to try it Davaroo.

I got 2 eggs this morning at the temp of being 9, and my DH and I walked out there again at noon because we don't want frozen eggs, it was up to 11 at noon, two hens were laying and when I went in the pen they both got up to see what treats I had. I looked in the nesting boxes and nothing. Now I need to go out again. It's toooooo cold for this. LOL

My girls seem to take anywhere from 30-60 minutes. I'll look in the back yard and see that someone is "missing". When she shows back up, I go get myself a fresh egg!

They don't make much noise about the ordeal, either.
idunno.gif

We thought she had gone broody Saturday because she sat there forever! But eventually she lays an egg then gets up. I am guessing she will be the first one to go broody though and soon. The screaming at me thing just started about a week ago and she has been laying for about a month. My husband and I decided the first one to go broody after February could keep her eggs. It doesn't bother me that she sits there all day - just wondered if it was unusual or not since the other hens are much quicker about the whole process.

Quote:
keep crossing your fingers Gin, the last 3 days I got all 5 eggs every day

But ams3651, crossing my fingers don't keep my hands warm. LOL

I never did go back outside. I guess I will have frozen eggs in the morning. I HATE WINTER
Sorry didn't mean to go off the topic.

Back
Top Bottom