Apple cider vinegar- really?

I use the stuff called MOTHERS....I get it right at the local grocery store..it has all the little floaty stuff and is all natural.I drink ittoo.it also helps,I'm not sure why with pecking.if its in the water they don't peck each other to death..

OK. I agree that natural vinegar that hasn't been pasteurized or clarified is probably best. But, does it matter what the vinegar is made from?
Earlier in this thread I asked why wine vinegar wouldn't be just as good as Apple Cider vinegar. I live in CA where people make their own wine vinegar. It's natural and still has the "mother". Isn't this just as beneficial as ACV? I realize that different products are available in different parts of the country and we all use what is available to us. I would really like to know if there is anything in ACV that makes it more beneficial than wine vinegar or if it's just touted because it is more readily available across the country.

I have some wine vinegar every day,.............on my salad. My chickens get what's left in the bottom of the salad bowl along with table scraps. Hopefully we are each getting our daily dose of microbials etc.

Just as good as ACV!
wink.png
I prefer red wine vinegar on my salads too.

(As I'm having my dinner including a salad with vinegar dressing...)

Many years ago, a roommate told me that I would not get eaten up by mosquitos if I would have vinegar on my nightly salad. By golly, he was right! I'm a mosquito magnet and I can tell when I haven't had my daily quota. I figure that vinegar (with the mother, of course!) should be of benefit to the hens as well.

Back
Top Bottom