April 2010 Pullets- wanna wait with me?

3 pullets + 22 weeks + 0 eggs + downtown Portland OR + nice day + Farmers Market = Purchased Farm Fresh Eggs

This is a true statement. The dozen multicolor eggs did me in.

Finally the wait is over!!!
4/ 5 SL's born April.6 laid an egg each in the nesting boxes yesterday! They are just perfect! No blood on them either! And i can finally leave this thread!
wee.gif

HenUpdateSept72010First047.jpg

HenUpdateSept72010First057.jpg

The egg in the middle, is a regular large sized egg, compared to first time layer eggs. Pretty decent size!
big_smile.png

HenUpdateSept72010First061.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!!!

I FINALLY got an egg today. I'm 99% sure it came from my white leghorn, who was actually hatched the last week of March. She's the only one who is "supposed" to lay white eggs, though I suppose an EE could lay white, right?

It is skinnier than the average egg, but seems plenty long to me.
cloversfirstegg.jpg

Adora, I think I'll be one of the last- I mean, my pullet who laid today was actually a March hatch. My April chicks are a solid month younger.

Ugh April 30th hatch date. Shannon, my SLW, despises me and I think she's holding out on me out of spite. Bright red comb and wattles! I will always get the last laugh though, right? Lay or be eaten silly chicken!

-Jackie

I think their getting Close, one has been hanging in the nexting box, moving the woodchips around, another was outside this evening doing the Egg Song !!!!
the other 3 are just there.
Now "WHERE ARE THE EGGS" !!!!!

ME!!!!
ya.gif

hatched- april 19th from mcmurray hatchery

oh and my easter eggers who were supposed to lay in july but havent got an egg yet from MY COOP!!my moms 2nd husbands dad gets a blue egg everyday almost and has for about a week.mine are the same age... there getting real close though! fat talkative and red combed.

Last edited:
<sigh> Our sweet April 24 MPC girls are STILL holding out. I am beginning to think that the May pullets will have eggs before those lazy April girls do!

I think we need to come up with some sort of prize for the patient soul on this thread who waits the longest. Each "first egg" post brings continued hope and all I can do is think how lucky those super fresh omlet eaters are.
droolin.gif

I am thrilled for the graduates and hoping to join them soon ... but not holding my breath!

I got 5 mixed breed pullets from MPC - should have been hatched around 4/19. The Dominique layed her 1st egg on Sunday and she has layed 2 more since then. Today, I found a little white egg which would have had to come from one of the Golden Campines since the others are brown layers. So, now I'm anxiouxly waiting for the GLW, SS and other Campine to lay. It's been so much fun finding those tiny little jewels in the next boxes.

Back
Top Bottom