April 2017 chicks, who will lay first contest...

Pics
Yes I hope everyone reports in when they have that winning day... No matter how long it takes. We could make a chart!

Well at the rate my girls are going, only 2-7 layers and alternate days off it seems. My white leghorn layed the biggest yet yesterday at 62 grams and decided to take the day off today. I figure a perfect flock laying day is rare. We shall see, 21 weeks old almost....

Gary

Well at the rate my girls are going, only 2-7 layers and alternate days off it seems. My white leghorn layed the biggest yet yesterday at 62 grams and decided to take the day off today. I figure a perfect flock laying day is rare. We shall see, 21 weeks old almost....

Gary
Yes, I know I may never see my 6 April pullets all lay on the same day. I also have 3 hens but the only egg I got today is from the little Sebright bantam again. She has now laid 5 eggs in 6 days. I wonder if there'd be a niche market for bantam eggs, lol. BTW, I did not go buy more chicks today. I will consider more Sebrights in the spring, from the same local hatchery that Moonshine came from.

Last edited:
IMG_7041.JPG
IMG_7355.JPG
Do we have a pic of Buttercup?

No! Not a recent one - I will have to go and take one tomorrow!
Here she is (the yellow one) at two days old, April 5th. And then on "integration day" at 15 weeks. She has changed quite a bit since then - it goes so fast!
New picture tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom