April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Pics
While I misted my goose eggs I left the incubator open long enough for the water to mostly evaporate off of them.
The method I read said to cool them, then mist them when you put them back in the bator. I took the lid back off as soon as the humidity spiked so they probably cooled for about 15 min instead of 10.

I will definitely be doing it the other way around tomorrow. Yikes.

The method I read said to cool them, then mist them when you put them back in the bator. I took the lid back off as soon as the humidity spiked so they probably cooled for about 15 min instead of 10.

I will definitely be doing it the other way around tomorrow. Yikes.

I used room temperature distilled water but some use lightly warmed water. I didn't really end up cooling them more than a few minutes to evaporate the water, it seemed to work well, they lost a good amount of water weight. The air cells are now drawing down and all 4 of my goslings are on lockdown now looking great!

Joining in...don't know if I can join the EHAL as well , they'll go in on monday.
65 so far waiting on the turners already... and whatever the girls are laying today.

Attachments

• 20200322_111510.jpg
    20200322_111510.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 2
I do my humidity and stuff quite different with my duck eggs than everyone else so I won't give advice. I don't want to confuse anyone or anything. I did have a good hatch rate last time with them.

I'm unsure if im spraying mine or not this time. I might or I might not. I'll see how the air cells look. These duck eggs are mine so I know exactly where they came from and the quality of my ducks. You know me 😂 only the best breeding stock. I can't stand others eggs anymore because they just don't meet my satisfaction.
I think it's a good idea to test things out and play with the way things are done normally. It's different for all different areas.

I think it's a good idea to test things out and play with the way things are done normally. It's different for all different areas.
Yeah I'm going to tinker with the Pekin eggs because I have more every day that are fertile so it's honestly no loss if something happens. I didn't have to pay anything but the cost of feed.

What breed or cross will these be? I would be in heaven if I could hatch that many. I think my record is about 50.
Would you believe I am thinking of getting a larger incubator... this one only holds 90 of my size eggs. :idunno But I am absolutely in love with this machine... my hatch rates are great!

They are going to be wheaten sulmtaler.. like in my avatar. 69 eggs will go in on Monday. But it will be the last time I am hatching for this year.

Would you believe I am thinking of getting a larger incubator... this one only holds 90 of my size eggs. :idunno But I am absolutely in love with this machine... my hatch rates are great!

They are going to be wheaten sulmtaler.. like in my avatar. 69 eggs will go in on Monday. But it will be the last time I am hatching for this year.
That's awesome! I've been keeping my eyes open for a nice used cabinet incubator for a screaming deal, like $150 or less. They do come up for this price, couple times a year, but go quick (within hours) and I haven't been able to snap one up yet. I'm considering making my own but I have too many half done projects around to commit to that right now.

Back
Top Bottom