April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Pics

gmjarvi

Songster
Feb 11, 2020
Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Welp, it's time to start up a thread for those of us that have babies hatching in April! All hatchers and all birds are welcome :).

Easter babies: please enter your hatches in the 11th annual Easter Hatch A Long 2020! Participants here have eggs that are not hatching close enough to Easter to count for that event, but ALL April babies are welcome so feel free to chat about your Easter babies with us as well!
---
I set 8 cayuga duck eggs on 3/13, due 4/10-4/11 (entered in EHAL). They are too early to really candle yet, so 🤷‍♀️. They are shipped eggs from Fat Hen Farms and they were packed very nicely, but the air cells are definitely wonky. I will be trying to handle them as little as possible.

There will definitely be more eggs set to hatch from me in April! But at present my bators are full to the gills. There are 8 chicken eggs (barnyard mix, my own flock) due on 3/31, so they might make an appearance here as well.

Happy hatching!

Last edited:
had to move 14 of the Aloha's out of the incubator (they were pulling the shells off those pipping) , which left 17 in various stages of pipping and zipping, but 3 have hatched since I sat down. I also moved 2 of my F1 olive egger crosses from the other incubator at the same time.

20200411_122633.jpg

Gah! Stopped getting notifications and got way behind again! Hope everyone has been having awesome hatches.
I have 2 incuviews full of eggs right now. Due on the 27th and 28th. Set almost 30 of my own eggs and only had 3 clears. Pretty excited by that. Can’t wait for the first babies from my flock.
Got 18 eggs in exchange for 3 Marans cockerels from my March hatch from a breeder friend. A few are either Cream Legbars or Cream Legbars x Isbar. We will find out at hatch on those. Also got 4 eggs that are a hybrid that lays pink eggs. I have one of the hens and her eggs make me gasp every time so I’m super excited about those. Also a couple BBS Marans and BBS Ameraucanas.
On another note, kinda hating my incuviews right now. I can not get the temp down no matter how low I adjust the settings to. It’s hovering around 99.9 on my trusted thermometers and I have the darn incuviews set to 96.5° so I’m a little annoyed by that.

@CluckNDoodle @FortCluck Remember Flip from my march hatch? The chick that was stuck on its back? Look how big “she” is!! Comb says pullet but still not sure.
6720E7F7-D9FB-440B-BA1D-B804400B1087.jpeg
26BE19EB-9A5E-41BF-A822-0796F00BAD15.jpeg

Is there dinosaurs in with your chicks LOL?!

Yes, they are their friends! 🤣

I got 22 chicks and one quitter this hatch out of 30 I have a pretty consistent 75% hatch rate. I also didn’t get to candle them at lock down, so it was kind of a roll of the dice.

Only one needed help out, it’s got splay leg, so we braced it.

So cute

2CB1B248-DC09-459B-ABBB-047481EBFD70.jpeg

A763117A-DA92-46D5-8FBF-4325A95217F7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom