April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Pics
After checking my notes between days 4-6 I had 7 infertile and 2 early quitters. So down to 27 eggs. Eventually 21 eggs made it to lock down.
Thank you for sharing! Here are mine, with the Cream Legbars from another source:
20200321_183006.jpg

20200321_182939.jpg

So, It's like this. [gets up and closes door after checking both ways to see if anyone is listening] I picked up eggs this morning from the breeder, was expecting 3 dozen from the one and 1 dozen from the other.

Well funny story actually...

Came home with 10 dozen eggs and already had 2 dozen in the turner waiting for the others so I could turn the incubator on.

Hanging head in shame so everyone doesn't see the huge s#$@ eating grin on my face.

My only excuse;

I will finish emptying all the brooders tomorrow as I move the leftover 8 week olds to the farm. I sold 6 yesterday, 11 today and 6 will be picked up tomorrow.

My broody hen day 1. I shot this in the dark with a phone using the front camera. Better shots will come. There are no exposed eggs. :fl

Can I eat ones that she has incubated for up to 12 hours? I check for eggs in the morning and evening.
I've collected eggs from a broody and then eaten them...I check for eggs at least three times a day so none have ever been brooded for longer than 12 hours (overnight).

Back
Top Bottom