April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Pics
Hi everyone! Excited to say I get to join the hatch a long for April! It is pretty unexpected. I bid on some GFF Pita Pinta eggs on EBay, and ended up winning, for cheap! I’ve been eyeing up this breed for months, but the auctions just got too expensive.

I hatched 21 beautiful chicks in early February. I sold 6 right away, and re homed 12 cockerels. I have one cockerel I’m keeping and only 2, yes, only 2 pullets. I’m not even 100% sure on them yet either. It was my worst hatch ratio ever!!

So I am really looking forward to hopefully hatching some more! I pick up the eggs tomorrow!

Fingers crossed for more pullets for everyone!

Day 7 duck
Does anyone use a Farm Innovator 4250, I have the opportunity to get one for extremely low price still in sealed box, wanted get everyone's opinion on it first, thank you
I have one. I'd consider it a bit fiddly. It has hot spots and if your temperature probe drops below the turner it will cause a temperature spike within minutes. Other than that I like it. Mine has been a workhorse that's excellent for humidity and overall temperature (with proper probe placement). I liked the brand so much I bought the Farm Innovators Still Air incubator. It was under $50 new including shipping. I figured I'd use it as a hatcher but I've been incubating in it since January. Great machine.

Hi everyone! Excited to say I get to join the hatch a long for April! It is pretty unexpected. I bid on some GFF Pita Pinta eggs on EBay, and ended up winning, for cheap! I’ve been eyeing up this breed for months, but the auctions just got too expensive.

I hatched 21 beautiful chicks in early February. I sold 6 right away, and re homed 12 cockerels. I have one cockerel I’m keeping and only 2, yes, only 2 pullets. I’m not even 100% sure on them yet either. It was my worst hatch ratio ever!!

So I am really looking forward to hopefully hatching some more! I pick up the eggs tomorrow!

No way! What luck! I remember you from the February hatch. My keepers from that hatch are down to 9 pullets and 2 roos after giving away 4 today (3 pullets, 1 roo). Here's a picture of my February Hatchalong chicks. They're 6 weeks tomorrow!

IMG_20200324_103418680.jpg IMG_20200324_103423516.jpg

Eggs are here and in the incubator! I start incubation but I don’t turn on the turner for 24 hours

They sent 12, the auction was for 10. One egg was severely cracked in multiple spots, it almost looks like a pre shipment crack? Also, there were 3-4 that were very porous. I guess I’ll have to wait and see! All air cells looked good in the non porous eggs.

I contacted GFF and they said they would let their egg packagers know not to put in porous eggs, but didn’t offer anything for mine. If I don’t hatch any of the porous, I might reach back out.

My runner eggs went in on Monday! 10 eggs received, one with a really bad crack all the way through. :( pitched that one. One more with a pretty bad crack, but it’s not through the membrane so I held onto it and will try patching it up once I have space to put it. The other 8 went in and now I wait. Lol. These should be 100% blue from my understanding, the breeder had blue and splash girls and a black and blue drake. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom