April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Pics
Here are some pics. One of him resting and the other trying to show what I’m talking about. View attachment 2072185View attachment 2072186
I had an assisted egg with the same problem yesterday. I found a post by Margaretyakoda who said she fixed it. Maybe you could give that a go. I'm new to this, so I dont know how to link or highlight @amember. Search open navel. Hope your little one gets better!

Hello can I join in I'm new to all this thread stuff. Don't know how to chat without replying to someone any help would be awesome... I have chicks due to hatch Tuesday and Thursday next week
Everyone is welcome, @Kimlew . There are folks better qualified to teach how to use the forums, but help will be available. Meantime, if you navigate to the welcome section, you can post an introduction so folks can get to know you.

I had an assisted egg with the same problem yesterday. I found a post by Margaretyakoda who said she fixed it. Maybe you could give that a go. I'm new to this, so I dont know how to link or highlight @amember. Search open navel. Hope your little one gets better!
Thanks for sharing!

I don’t high high hopes for this one. But if I did nothing it would have probably died either way so. I’m going to try spray with some vetericyn once it’s dried more.

Here are my new crew of Light Brahma.

1463B72C-03C3-468A-B71F-9B9895C7934A.jpeg

There are eleven of them so far. I received twelve and if I recall correctly, I had to discard a clear. That's all the big ones. Maybe the silkies will start hatching soon. :fl

Thought I’d join y’all. Now to see if I can keep up with 2 hatch alongs. I’ve got 34 eggs in the EHAL. One of my Ameraucana’s decided to go broody. She’s on 7 eggs, 3 Easter eggers and 4 silkie. Hope she has a good hatch. Also hoping people will want to buy some chicks. Once the 2 incubators are freed up from the EHAL, my other 2 kids want to take the incubators to their homes and hatch babies with their kids.

872DAA6F-9A6C-4798-8CFE-024229EABA35.jpeg
872DAA6F-9A6C-4798-8CFE-024229EABA35.jpeg

Two Silkies now!
1C9E4D93-71A6-4A3D-9FCF-63EB82E03D41.jpeg
06FFB06A-3650-4E0C-B30D-F014B347635A.jpeg

And one little splay-leg Brahma in a coffee cup

0DBBD157-CCF5-44C8-89A8-7CC44A973834.jpeg

When s/he first hatched, I thought its little foot was twisted around backward. It's better now. I think this was a malpositioning thing rather than a slip-and-fall. Now the foot looks normal. I'm hopeful this little one will be okay. 🙏

Back
Top Bottom