April 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
A raffle for chicken eggs!? That’s a first for me! Congrats! I hope it goes well 😸

I am in 2 raffle groups on Facebook and 2 on MeWe. They are as addicting as hatching chicks lol! I have won 2 sets of eggs, a gorilla garden cart, a chicken run, feed blocks, nesting pads, seeds,etc. They are small groups, so you win pretty often.

so candled my cream legbar eggs last night. 8 of the 9 look good and one is questionable but most likely will be removed for dying early.

March sucked big time for hatching here so hopefully April is better. I will be setting more eggs in the incubator this morning. More cream legbar, Speckled Sussex and Welsummer.

Interesting side note, if you misspell Welsummer on my system it wants to auto correct to Welshman

Finally set my next batch of eggs!
I started collecting silkie eggs (and a couple of silkie mix) ten days ago, I just opened the oldest ones and set the freshest 22 eggs (my incubator's max) to incubate now.
All the ones I opened for pure silkies were fertile, just the one mix I had to open wasn't.
April 19th is our projected hatch date, I'm very hopeful for this batch.

I have 3 eggs hatching today, day 21.
3 o.PNG

The blue egg hatched... "Iko"
ic.PNG

a second one is hatching in a rest cup, and one in the air cell, no pip yet.
ico.PNG

You can see the left over blue shell above...when the chicks hatch they will join 3 lonely chicks...
icoa.PNG

icob.PNG

I have 10 due on the 10th,
and I am going to set these today...top 2 are my avatar's eggs
icu.PNG

The bottom eggs are 2 OE and one CCmaran, They are covered by a BCM.
I also just ordered NN/frizzles.

I have 3 eggs hatching today, day 21.
View attachment 2590279
The blue egg hatched... "Iko"
View attachment 2590280
a second one is hatching in a rest cup, and one in the air cell, no pip yet.
View attachment 2590281
You can see the left over blue shell above...when the chicks hatch they will join 3 lonely chicks...
View attachment 2590286
View attachment 2590287
I have 10 due on the 10th,
and I am going to set these today...top 2 are my avatar's eggsView attachment 2590289
The bottom eggs are 2 OE and one CCmaran, They are covered by a BCM.
I also just ordered NN/frizzles.
How exciting!! love seeing them hatch!

Back
Top Bottom