April 2023 Hatch-A-Long

Day 5 already. I candled 42 eggs (3 were spares), and found 3 clears. Spares made up for it! I am concerned about one, which when I held it small end up and put the flashlight to the big end, I swear I saw a bubble float up from the air cell to the top. This one also has a very small air cell. Never seen a bubble float up before. Is that normal???

I’m in the Easter HAL too, but it’s also fun to be on with everyone!
I set 20 eggs on 3/16 and another 15 on 3/17.

I’m really excited about this batch because they are breeds and colors I’ve been working to find for awhile.

6 eggs are bantam EEs from a self blue bantam Ameraucana rooster over self blue cuckoo d’Anver hens. 😍
4 eggs are black or white Watermaals
2 eggs are d’Uccles
2 eggs are gold laced satins covered by a confetti roooster
21 bantam Ameraucanas in various colors (blue, black, cuckoo, wheaten, and self blue ❤️❤️)

Hello all! I was just fixing to make a mid/late April hatch-a-long and double checked to see if there was one already, turns out there was!
Now, assuming broody hens count, I have 6 eggs due on April 8th (technically April 9th), and 9 due on April 11th.
One of my broody's is a BO, she has the 6 eggs, Two are SF's, one has 4, the other has 5.
Now, breeds:
The BO has 4 greens eggs and 2 brown. The 4 greens eggs are either a wyandotte roo/cuckoo maran mix hen + ee roo, a legbar hen + ee or mottled java roo, or belong to an ee hen. The two brown will be BO hen + Ee or mottled java roo.
One of the SF's with the 4, has two Wyandotte roo + Sebright/ Rir hen + Barnyard mix roo, and the other two are ee's I believe.
And lastly, the SF with 5 eggs, she has two dutch bantam mix hen/ barnyard mix roo ( possibly Ayam Cemani roo as well in there.) And 3 barnyard bantam eggs with a barnyard mix roo in them.

Hello all! I was just fixing to make a mid/late April hatch-a-long and double checked to see if there was one already, turns out there was!
Now, assuming broody hens count, I have 6 eggs due on April 8th (technically April 9th), and 9 due on April 11th.
One of my broody's is a BO, she has the 6 eggs, Two are SF's, one has 4, the other has 5.
Now, breeds:
The BO has 4 greens eggs and 2 brown. The 4 greens eggs are either a wyandotte roo/cuckoo maran mix hen + ee roo, a legbar hen + ee or mottled java roo, or belong to an ee hen. The two brown will be BO hen + Ee or mottled java roo.
One of the SF's with the 4, has two Wyandotte roo + Sebright/ Rir hen + Barnyard mix roo, and the other two are ee's I believe.
And lastly, the SF with 5 eggs, she has two dutch bantam mix hen/ barnyard mix roo ( possibly Ayam Cemani roo as well in there.) And 3 barnyard bantam eggs with a barnyard mix roo in them.
Any hatches count. My SF was such a good mom last year. Sounds like great mixes.

The parents of mine:
Hens:
The Wyandotte + Sebright/Rir mix hen:
20230320_182556.jpg
The wyandotte + cuckoo maran mix hen:
20230320_182447.jpg
Yes indeed, the broody BO: (She has the two BO eggs under her. )
20230320_182340.jpg
One of my ee hens, they all look the same so I'll only show one;
20230320_182253.jpg
One of my legbars:
20230320_182009.jpg
The bantam, unsure of breed:
20230320_181759.jpg
The Dutch bantam mix:
20230320_181736.jpg

Now the roo's:
Easter egger:
20230320_181839.jpg
The barnyard roo:
20230320_182511.jpg

And don't yet have a recent photo of the mottled java, here's a younger one though:
Screenshot_20230317-084055_Photos.jpg

I’m in the Easter HAL too, but it’s also fun to be on with everyone!
I set 20 eggs on 3/16 and another 15 on 3/17.

I’m really excited about this batch because they are breeds and colors I’ve been working to find for awhile.

6 eggs are bantam EEs from a self blue bantam Ameraucana rooster over self blue cuckoo d’Anver hens. 😍
4 eggs are black or white Watermaals
2 eggs are d’Uccles
2 eggs are gold laced satins covered by a confetti roooster
21 bantam Ameraucanas in various colors (blue, black, cuckoo, wheaten, and self blue ❤️❤️)
What a colorful bunch!

Now, breeds:
I'm impressed how you can tell the difference with those eggs. I'd be clueless! Glad to see you here, too!

Back
Top Bottom