APRIL FOOLS HATCH, give or take a day.....who's in ??

Quote:
It's NOT something I recommend, this was in lieu of an eggtopsy and I fully expected the chick to die. I just thought it might be more comfortable not squashed in an egg. I candled it to see what it was doing. It was so weak it could not even peep and it was definitely shrinkwrapped. All of it's brothers and sisters hatched two days ago.. Plus, if it wasn't a shrinkwrap situation I would assume there was another reason the chick could not pip and it's better to just let it go. In THIS case, it was due to my horriblator - none of the brinsea chicks needed any help out. I usually just use my hovabator as a hatcher, but I had a few overflow eggs in there this time around. This chick was/is fully formed, egg yolk absorbed, both eyes, etc - seems OK for the moment. I just got lucky!

ok 5 pips, and no zips but everybody gettin loud in there. its gonna be along night
jumpy.gif

No more pips for me yet... Getting impatient and feeling really bad for my lonely little one in there! I'm not seeing much if any movement right now, but I didnt see anything out of the first one either so I'm not all that worried at this point. Hopefully one of the two remaining eggs will get crackin soon!

We have six chicks to add to the brooder. There are still 7 eggs in the incubator. They've run over a couple of days but we had a power outage early in hatching, and my partner in Chicken Math loves to flap the incubator lid, so I'm not surprised at the late pips. Here's to hoping we have a few more in the 'bator tomorrow! Congrats to all who have chicks from this batch of eggs!
thumbsup.gif
Pics tomorrow as well!

20 out of 25 and 2 more are still working their way out. WooHoo! I think that's great for our first time and now I can buy some eggs knowing that our bators worked!

I'm having the hardest time not taking my lonely one out of the bator right now! Every time I come over to look in s/he hops over to the front and cheeps at me... I think it knows I'm momma
love.gif
I saw one of the other ones do a good shake a little bit ago so I think I'm going to hold out until tomorrow but I want to snuggle the little baby SO bad right now I can't stand it
jumpy.gif

I decided to turn on my bator cam to keep an eye on things tomorrow at work. Thought I would share the link and will post if any action starts tonight while I'm up or tomorrow
smile.png

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/chicken-hatching-eggs

Edited to add: Sorry about the flashing every now and again... I've only got one bulb heating my bator so it goes on and off which makes the cam a little funky... I'm thinking about adding another really low wattage bulb next time just to keep constant light in there!

Last edited:
what a great finish, first the excitement of putting eggs. Now seeing the faces... here are some of mine. My computer didn't want to upload them all , phooey. Here are some of my group.

this is Scooter, baby with crooked toes, it's now wearing boots. It gets around really really good, very active. So, as long as its trying, so are we. Is in a nursery in my daughters room.

March2011043.jpg

March2011045.jpg

March2011047.jpg

March2011048.jpg

March2011050.jpg

March2011052.jpg

March2011053.jpg

March2011054.jpg

March2011055.jpg

March2011056.jpg

March2011059.jpg

March2011062.jpg