April Hatch Thread--Come Join Us!

The eggs won't die until they get to 104internally, and it takes several hours for the internal temperature to change.
hugs.gif
I've noticed that my ducks outside still hatch eggs just fine when they sit in summertime, and leave the eggs to bake in the sun at 105 while they go for a swim for an hour or two!!!

I don;t have Ducks! They are Lizard hens!
tongue.png

My temp is staying 101-102 last time I did this a temp spike killed all my chicks bar two and they hatched way late! Think now they got stuck to the shells though I managed to drown the others as well as boiling them? They were full of water but the chicks were fully formed! Maybe I shouldn;t have done theat float test? Ummmmm errrrrr I hope I have improved this time round? The waxed egg is still in there.

It is pre set for chickens It has been fine!!!! The only difference today is it is sunny!

I don;t even have anything to tell me hunidity on it ( Exept I think there is a humidity gage in the garage from last years disaster zone! ) - I'm just to fill the bottom up with water apparently according to the idiot guide to hatching! and lockdown! The bator is supposed to regulate the temp as the bulb is supposed to go off when it reaches temp and on when it gets too low thus keeping it on the right place. - I guess having the lid on right might have helped - Durrrrrr
he.gif

Last edited:
Whew, the weak chick is all perked up after a stint in incubator ICU box, even managed to jump out of it to go cuddle with the third chick who is still drying off. Added a second heat source to the brooder and did the water introduction with the weak chick again since I had not yet seen it drink.

Thankfully the first guy is drinking and a handful - even bigger than the other chicks already I would say. I know I shouldn't worry about the other eggs yet since this is Day 21, but with all these small mishaps I can't help it.

Should I be adjusting heat or humidity as they hatch?

Can I bring my broody some of these babies tomorrow night or is it best to do on their first night?

Good luck! Keep us posted, I'll watch for you today.
It hatched and is runnnig around healthy with another chick that hatched. One just hatched a few minutes ago so it is laying there building up energy and drying off. And 5 or 6 more are craked. For my first hatch I am thrilled I didnt expect to be going this good. I figured i would screw it up an none would ach. What a happy supprise!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

I'm a new chick mommy!

She keeps bumping into other eggs that haven't pipped, I'm afraid one was actually turned by accident.

Even in the muffin wrappers? I have lost chicks after being kicked around, so if you can find a way to prevent that definitely do so.

Back
Top Bottom