APRIL Quail Hatch-A-Long!!! (come join!)

Pics
Dec 1, 2020
Western Washington
Just got my jumbo wild Coturnix quail eggs in the mail yesterday :D !! Got them in the incubator a few hours ago. I know there is that huge 3,000 something page hatch-a-long but I thought I would make a smaller, more trackable one. Anyways, please come join if you have some quail eggs (or other eggs) set for hatching! You are also more than welcome to join the thread if you just want to see pictures and videos of baby chicks!!

(I should mention this is my first time HATCHING quail eggs) :D:D:D:D:D

Just got my jumbo wild Coturnix quail eggs in the mail yesterday :D !! Got them in the incubator a few hours ago. I know there is that huge 3,000 something page hatch-a-long but I thought I would make a smaller, more trackable one. Anyways, please come join if you have some quail eggs (or other eggs) set for hatching! You are also more than welcome to join the thread if you just want to see pictures and videos of baby chicks!!

(I should mention this is my first time HATCHING quail eggs) :D:D:D:D:D
*Gasp* No way! I'm going to set quail eggs next week! Totally joining!

Im a bit late mine are 2 weeks old but thought id share anyways lol

Attachments

• 20210401_140218.jpg
    20210401_140218.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 13
I'm dying to get quail. I can't due to my Home owners Association. I am going to live vicariously through all of you. Please post a lot of pictures.
Oh no! Im sorry! They are truly great.

I candled last night! I didn't candle all of them ofc because there are 29 in there. The ones I did candle all seemed to be developing great! Besides on double yolker I put in just for fun. However, when I received my package of eggs the box was severely damaged. Luckily Myshire Farm does an amazing job packaging eggs and only one egg was cracked! But the air sacs are not their normal shape, hopefully they will all still be okay. Here is a picture of the eggs. Day 5 now but I candled last night.

And yes, the temperature says 96 F but thats just because I opened the incubator and its thermometer reads cold.

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom