Aracana or Easter eggers

No doubt EE's. Tractor supply co. has been selling EE's for years labeled as Ameracaunas...Just went in to our local TSC here to look at the new spring chicks and for the first time I've ever seen actually had them labeled as EE's....they finally got tired of people calling them out on it I guess.
One thing I will say these EE chicks and poults are .flighty like I have never seen never seem to calm down lol leghorns chicks are even more so

No doubt EE's. Tractor supply co. has been selling EE's for years labeled as Ameracaunas...Just went in to our local TSC here to look at the new spring chicks and for the first time I've ever seen actually had them labeled as EE's....they finally got tired of people calling them out on it I guess.
:love This is the first time I have heard that they are finally starting to label them properly!

One thing I will say these EE chicks and poults are .flighty like I have never seen never seem to calm down lol leghorns chicks are even more so

Hey don’t malign my 2 leghorns :lol:, they’re like my little puppies, they follow me everywhere and they lay big eggs nonstop. LOL, Still fascinating to me how that little birds produce large eggs everyday.

Attachments

• 20180320_201637.jpg
    20180320_201637.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180320_201544.jpg
    20180320_201544.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 2
I do know of one hatchery that sells true Ameraucanas however. Cackle Hatchery. :thumbsup (these are EEs though)

Last edited:
Ignoring the white leghorns the pullets are sold as aracana chicks the picture of actual chicks are white leghorns and listed as aracana. Are they or Easter eggers.
Since the us standard for araucana is a rumpless and tufted bird, and the birds shown are neither (and they came from a retail establishment sourcing from a hatchery, none of which have araucana....Ameraucana, yes, from limited hatcheries, in limited varieties and with a considerable price)....these are, as previously stated, Easter Eggers

They don't have a bad name, the sellers do.

:goodpost:

Just FYI, a poult is a young turkey. A pullet is a female chicken that is under a year old.

Back
Top Bottom