Aracauna/Ameracauna/Easter Egger

jumpy.gif

D.gif

thanx

nope, just double-checked, they're greenish. so are the three chipmunks (silvers?)
thankx, i was thinking she was ee, but i did find the website and saw there are white ones. although she looks like a wheaten cause the whites are yellowish as chicks. and my 3 year old hen was a chipmunk but looks wheaten now. does that make sense?

Quote:
what's the website?
i know i didn't get araucaunas from mm but i was wondering if i got ameraucaunas, one is all white though, i didn't think that was a reconized color. she's very friendly though. the others are standard chipmunk.

http://www.ameraucana.org/

The "Ameraucana" pullet I just brought home is suspiciously Easter Eggerly. Her legs and feet are Shrek green. So, I named her Fiona.

I don't mind-I hope her eggs are as green as her feet!
big_smile.png

I did notice however, that everyone in this string is spelling Ameraucana differently. What is the correct spelling??

barnie.gif
I spelled it wrong... *headdesk* Guess that's what I get for posting so late at night. I know how to spell it. I'll go crawl in a hole and beat my head against a wall now.
he.gif
Ameraucana...duh

*practices* Ameraucana, Ameraucana, Ameraucana

See...all it takes is me thinking about it and I can type it.

So what about the Picture of the Week? Is that really an Ameraucana? It's a beautiful bird, but it doesn't look to me as if it conforms to any of the colors that I think are accepted for Ameraucanas....

What do you all think?

Susan

Back
Top Bottom