Araucana pullet or roo?

OzGH

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 7, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Hi everyone!
We bought this chick a couple of weeks ago as a 'lavender Araucana pullet' (Australian version).
The chick is a bit more than six weeks old now and I am starting to wonder if our lovely Josefina is actually a Jose...
Any guesses?
Cheers,
Manu

Thank you BantamLover and Wyandottes!
This bird is driving me crazy! Every time I look at it, I change my mind... Unfortunately I don't have any hatchmates to compare it to - and patience is not my forte ;-)
Cheers,
Manu

Two Flock Masters, both with over 7,000 posts, and both experienced and good at identifying genders, and they are split on this one. Whatever will I do? :eek:) I'm going to go our on a limb and say it's a cockerel for the same reasons that BantamLover21 gave. Also, the size of its feet and its stance (which probably means nothing) are both whispering "cockerel." If it lays an egg later on, you'll know that BantamLover21 and I were both wrong. The truth is that it's a little too young to sex with any certain accuracy, so I would post it again in about three weeks or so. It should be obvious by then. I hope for your sake that it's a pullet.

Two Flock Masters, both with over 7,000 posts, and both experienced and good at identifying genders, and they are split on this one. Whatever will I do? :eek:) I'm going to go our on a limb and say it's a cockerel for the same reasons that BantamLover21 gave. Also, the size of its feet and its stance (which probably means nothing) are both whispering "cockerel." If it lays an egg later on, you'll know that BantamLover21 and I were both wrong. The truth is that it's a little too young to sex with any certain accuracy, so I would post it again in about three weeks or so. It should be obvious by then. I hope for your sake that it's a pullet.

P.S. Where is donrae when you need help? :eek:)

Jose started crowing today.... The majority wins...
Thanks guys!
Anyone in Brisbane area looking for a lovely, well handled Araucana roo???
Cheers,
Manu

Back
Top Bottom