Araucana thread anyone?

Its been a heartbreaking past 3 days. Triton, my triple tufted cock, just died. He'd been having problems with his hips for the past couple months. He wasn't able to breed so I put him and Ratchet, his mother, in a pen by themselves since he was handicapped and she's older than dirt. Sunday I noticed he had his head cocked to one side and was walking in a circle. Yesterday he had a couple seizures.

As I was burying him I looked him over real good. I found a bony mass the size of a big grape along the right side of his spine close to the hip. I suspect he may have had a brain tumor also since his head was turned and he had a seizure

He was high up on my favorites list. So gentle, and he threw the most beautiful, heavily tufted chicks. I sure am going to miss him.

20190703_173148.jpg

Its been a heartbreaking past 3 days. Triton, my triple tufted cock, just died. He'd been having problems with his hips for the past couple months. He wasn't able to breed so I put him and Ratchet, his mother, in a pen by themselves since he was handicapped and she's older than dirt. Sunday I noticed he had his head cocked to one side and was walking in a circle. Yesterday he had a couple seizures.

As I was burying him I looked him over real good. I found a bony mass the size of a big grape along the right side of his spine close to the hip. I suspect he may have had a brain tumor also since his head was turned and he had a seizure

He was high up on my favorites list. So gentle, and he threw the most beautiful, heavily tufted chicks. I sure am going to miss him.

View attachment 2138042
Aww that's so sad Trish.

View attachment 2138042
I’m so sorry to hear that he passed away Trish! :hugs

Three days after losing Triton his first grandchicks were born. Four of the seven eggs hatched yesterday. There is one double tufted wildtype chick, and the other three have very odd down, kind of like a white/silver wildtype/chipmunk pattern. They are taking a long time to fluff out. When they do I will get some pics. Of the three silvery chicks, one is single tufted and the other two are clean faced.

Back
Top Bottom