Araucana thread anyone?

I bought my first chicks last year from Chicken Scratch Poultry.  You could check them out.

I was going to get some from them but they run all of their colors together. They have bbr, duckwings, blue and blacks together, so they will be a bit of a genetic mess in terms of colors. :/ If you aren't going to breed or show they would be fine.

I ordered Araucanas, as well as some NH and RIR's from the local Blue Seal. Of all the chickens, I love them the best. They are probably Americaunas, now that I have read more about the breed. They are such sweet birds, and I would love to see pictures and stories about the real thing
smile.png

I ordered Araucanas, as well as some NH and RIR's from the local Blue Seal. Of all the chickens, I love them the best. They are probably Americaunas, now that I have read more about the breed. They are such sweet birds, and I would love to see pictures and stories about the real thing
smile.png
They won't be Ameraucana's either. Anything from a feed store or hatchery will be a mixed breed that is known as an Easter Egger. Many hatcheries still use the breed names interchangeably but they are 3 different types. You should be able to go back through the posts here and see Loads of pretty Araucana pictures.

I was going to get some from them but they run all of their colors together. They have bbr, duckwings, blue and blacks together, so they will be a bit of a genetic mess in terms of colors.
hmm.png
If you aren't going to breed or show they would be fine.
If you're starting out, these would be fine but it could take years to breed to get any particular color. Still, it's a start.
They have a minimum for ordering so it's pretty expensive

Back
Top Bottom