Araucana thread anyone?

Quote:
I love him!!!!
thumbsup.gif
Is this your only araucana or do you have more?

There has been overwhelming support for starting a new breed name for the clean faced Araucana's so they can be shown. Acceptance into the APA with a standard of perfection is a long process but it's beginning and at this point, there are Araucana Club members who would not support adding the clean faced under the Araucana name so the tentative name is the American Rumpless chicken.

The process is 5 yrs, a minimum of 5 breeders per variety that can prove they have been working on them for 5 yrs minimum, I think total is 50 at the show requesting acceptance and each bird must meet the SOP (which will be identical to the Araucana SOP minus the tufts) and all of this for each variety we wish to list (colors).

For those already on FB, you may already know this. For those interested in participating, PM me for more details.

This is "not" to replace the Araucana. The tufted/rumpless Araucana will still be bred the same, but the clean faced will be allowed to be shown and there are a Lot of awesome clean faced/rumpless birds out there. They can and still will be a big part of the breeding of the Araucana but will finally be recognized. I will continue to breed for tufts but those CF that otherwise meet the Araucana standard, could be shown and bring even more to the Araucana breed when tufts are added to those special CF individuals.

There are a group of people who are starting a Facebook group for those interested in breeding clean faced, rumpless chickens. It is called "American Rumpless Chickens". We are seeking recognition from APA but it is a 5 year process. This is the ground floor, grass roots start of finally recognizing the clean faced Araucana and other breeds that fit that criteria.

If interested, please go and join at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thecleanfacedaraucana/

There has been overwhelming support for starting a new breed name for the clean faced Araucana's so they can be shown. Acceptance into the APA with a standard of perfection is a long process but it's beginning and at this point, there are Araucana Club members who would not support adding the clean faced under the Araucana name so the tentative name is the American Rumpless chicken.

The process is 5 yrs, a minimum of 5 breeders per variety that can prove they have been working on them for 5 yrs minimum, I think total is 50 at the show requesting acceptance and each bird must meet the SOP (which will be identical to the Araucana SOP minus the tufts) and all of this for each variety we wish to list (colors).

For those already on FB, you may already know this. For those interested in participating, PM me for more details.

This is "not" to replace the Araucana. The tufted/rumpless Araucana will still be bred the same, but the clean faced will be allowed to be shown and there are a Lot of awesome clean faced/rumpless birds out there. They can and still will be a big part of the breeding of the Araucana but will finally be recognized. I will continue to breed for tufts but those CF that otherwise meet the Araucana standard, could be shown and bring even more to the Araucana breed when tufts are added to those special CF individuals.

LOL! Cathy! I posted mine at the same time...

When you say 50 at the show, which show is this? The APA national show? Or at any APA sanctioned show?

It sounds like a lot of Araucana breeders will do what you are doing. Continue to breed for tufts, but excellent examples of the clean faced variety will finally be able to be show birds.

This is the girl I'd hope could someday be shown if the American Rumpless thing works out. I love blues and splashes, and this pullet is going to mature into an awesome girl. Cleanfaced, but still valuable to my Araucana flock!

This is the girl I'd hope could someday be shown if the American Rumpless thing works out. I love blues and splashes, and this pullet is going to mature into an awesome girl. Cleanfaced, but still valuable to my Araucana flock!
Very pretty! I would eventually love to show my cleanfaced blue. By the time everything is successfully set up she will be too old, but it would be nice for future cleanfaced ones.

Back
Top Bottom