Araucanas and Sebrights - Roos or Hens

CHBhomesteader

Hatching
Apr 5, 2023
Hello! I’d love your thoughts on the top two Araucanas and the bottom middle Sebright.
They’re nearly 8 weeks old.
Bottom left and right have been crowing for a good few weeks now, so they’re definitely Roosters.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• 90B6347A-2A93-407F-99E5-228B590B9A41.jpeg
    90B6347A-2A93-407F-99E5-228B590B9A41.jpeg
    972.8 KB · Views: 30
The seabright you are unsure about seems like a cockerel as well. The guesses you made seem to be correct as the bird on the top right has a very red comb at that age. And I don’t think what you have are true araucanas as they have a crest (the feathers on top of their head), they seem to be a mix of some sort, but they are very cute!

Hello! I’d love your thoughts on the top two Araucanas and the bottom middle Sebright.
They’re nearly 8 weeks old.
Bottom left and right have been crowing for a good few weeks now, so they’re definitely Roosters.

Many thanks!
The sebright is a cockerel, and you're right on all the others!

The seabright you are unsure about seems like a cockerel as well. The guesses you made seem to be correct as the bird on the top right has a very red comb at that age. And I don’t think what you have are true araucanas as they have a crest (the feathers on top of their head), they seem to be a mix of some sort, but they are very cute!
Thanks for that - do you have any idea what you think they are a mix of?

Back
Top Bottom