are all my sweeties roos prt 2? (pic heavy)

nature nut

Songster
10 Years
Aug 3, 2009
Southeast Louisiana
Here are the other three chicks that I am wondering about the gender on. The side view is at 5 weeks and the face view is at 6 weeks. Thanks again. I have hope that one of these may be a girl
fl.gif

First is Annabelle the BO. This one was slow to feather but has the smallest comb and it hasn't turned pink. (Of course all of mine are different breeds so I can't compare them to each other)

Next is Myrtle the Dominique. It was fast to feather but also to get a pink comb:( This is one of my favorites.

Last is Harriet the RIR. This one doesn't get into the frequent scuffles the others do.

Okay that's all of them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks for the help.

the Barred Rock is deff a roo. I would expect that the RIR would be as pink as the Barred rock if it were a roo too. So Im guessing the RIR is a pullet, and for the Buff- I think I see little pink wattles...
idunno.gif

Okay, that tail of the RIR looks like a roo now... I get so mad trying to sex chicks. I am so bad at it! haha

Last edited:
I've been holding out hope that at least the RIR and BO are pullets. Should a pullet have a little pink line where the wattles will be at 6 weeks or is it too early for a pullet?

The barred rock looks like a pullet to me. See the shading all the way down her feet. I really think you have all girls.

Bird one- Doesn't look like a rooster at the time being.

Bird Two- I am not very familair with Dominque chickens but due to the redness showing I want to say rooster. Really keep an eye on the tail as well, it should start to curve if it is a boy.

Bird Three- The tail looks curved in the first picture and I want to say rooster. However, the face and tail looks okay in the other. It could just be the way the bird was holding him/herself when the picture was taken.

I would keep an close eye on all of them.

Good luck,
Jamie/Rhode Runner

Back
Top Bottom