Are any of these KC ducks drakes?

ben-marko

Chirping
Mar 31, 2022
Susanville, Calfiornia
These Khaki Campbell ducks were hatched by a breeder and mailed to me. I originally ordered 1 drake and 3 hens, and received 5 newly-hatched ducklings (1 extra for insurance) on March 16th. All of them look like hens to me. The hatchery says to wait until they are 6 weeks minimum before deciding whether or not they are all hens.

But here's what I told them - I had sexed them already...and they had no penises. All hens to me. Why.

<crying>

This really threw off my plans for the summer. But on the plus side, I'll have tons of eggs, and I still have some African geese on the way from a different hatchery. :)

Attachments

• ?name=Image+0.png
    ?name=Image+0.png
    882.1 KB · Views: 28
  • ?name=Image+1.png
    ?name=Image+1.png
    915.6 KB · Views: 20
These Khaki Campbell ducks were hatched by a breeder and mailed to me. I originally ordered 1 drake and 3 hens, and received 5 newly-hatched ducklings (1 extra for insurance) on March 16th. All of them look like hens to me. The hatchery says to wait until they are 6 weeks minimum before deciding whether or not they are all hens.

But here's what I told them - I had sexed them already...and they had no penises. All hens to me. Why.

<crying>

This really threw off my plans for the summer. But on the plus side, I'll have tons of eggs, and I still have some African geese on the way from a different hatchery. :)
A lot of people would have love to have all females!

Are they makeing adult sounds yet? The coloring and even the drake curls will not be visible yet. How experienced are you at vent sexing?

Are they makeing adult sounds yet? The coloring and even the drake curls will not be visible yet. How experienced are you at vent sexing?
Two years experience, a little less. I didn't check when I got them as I assumed they had been sexed by the hatchery. I have sexed them since, and they are all female.

Two years experience, a little less. I didn't check when I got them as I assumed they had been sexed by the hatchery. I have sexed them since, and they are all female.
Off subject-The Tidy Cat litter Box-Is that an Egg box or feed box? I have goats & am finding it challenging to keep the goats out of the feed.

Back
Top Bottom