Are Arizona Feather Bush leaves (Lysiloma watsonii) poisonous to chickens?

Oct 2, 2020
In general, where can i look to see if specific leaves are poisonous or not? Their leaves similar to bracken ferns, but they are completely different plants as far as i know. Can anyone help with this?

Is it possible it to be generally non-toxic but harmful to chickens (like citrus fruits)?

I have no idea. I have one towards the front of my yard that grew up there on it's own, but my coop and run is in the back yard so they aren't near it. My next door neighbor had chicken's until dog's on the loose killed them. They also have 2 orange tree's and a tangelo tree, and the chicken's went under them for shade and to wade in the water in the water well of them. I'm in AZ. also, by the way.

I have no idea. I have one towards the front of my yard that grew up there on it's own, but my coop and run is in the back yard so they aren't near it. My next door neighbor had chicken's until dog's on the loose killed them. They also have 2 orange tree's and a tangelo tree, and the chicken's went under them for shade and to wade in the water in the water well of them. I'm in AZ. also, by the way.
My chickens have been eating whatever leaves fall down for the past week or so and seem to be fine, but im worried it could lead to some problems later on. In fact, the leaves are their favorite treat

Back
Top Bottom