Are both of my ducklings drakes??

FeatherLace

Chirping
Apr 7, 2020
Waycross, Georgia
So as some may know I got a week old Khaki duck as a mate for my current khaki who I think is a male. I'm mostly going off of voice right now, but they are confusing me! Most of the time they will both just "peep...peep...peep" but then when I get confident about their genders one of them will through out a "peeppeep"! My older one has some very dark body feathers in, and the down around the eyes and beak is starting to get really dark. The other one still have no feathers yet. Will females sometimes do a double peep when young? Or do I have two drakes? Did I seriosly pay $16 for just another baby drake??

So as some may know I got a week old Khaki duck as a mate for my current khaki who I think is a male. I'm mostly going off of voice right now, but they are confusing me! Most of the time they will both just "peep...peep...peep" but then when I get confident about their genders one of them will through out a "peeppeep"! My older one has some very dark body feathers in, and the down around the eyes and beak is starting to get really dark. The other one still have no feathers yet. Will females sometimes do a double peep when young? Or do I have two drakes? Did I seriosly pay $16 for just another baby drake??

Back
Top Bottom