are ee chicks not friendly?

sydney13

Songster
Mar 11, 2010
Massachusetts
i have a few chicks of all different breeds and they are all very friendly except the ee. i know that the temperament can vary between easter eggers but i ordered 25 chicks (that was the minimum) and then picked the friendliest ee and then gave the extras away. when easter eggers grow up do the tend to calm down?

I have had super skittish ee chicks, and ee chicks that are constantly flying up to my shoulders and hair. Never an in-between.

I only have one who has always been skittish...still love her though
roll.png

My EE is our lap hen. She won't hop on your lap, but will stand near where you're sitting, glancing at you until you notice her and then you can pick her up. She only likes one person to pet her at a time, otherwise she pecks the second person.

Wow reading this makes me feel better. We have 5 EE pullets and they are the oddest little birds. Constantly chirping, skittish, jump on top of each other every two seconds. I worry how well they will learn to come back to the coop at night.

Funny thing that I do like about them is while they are brooding they get to spend time outside in a small run and they first thing the EE's do is flop on their side and stick a leg out...all five of them do that.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom