Are feral chickens ok to eat?

I would absolutely take over that flock and manage it. Management includes removal of problem birds. Extra roosters are problem birds. The greater the problem, the tastier he is.
They are very flighty and I don't want to constantly worry about them trying to escape and if they do they go way up into trees with the bigger breeds that's not really a problem and they don't lay as good

They kinda look like Games. The males wouldn't be running together if they were Game though.
I thought so too some sort of game cross they do fight but they are free range so they just run from each other I cleaned all of them today and cooked one it was good it was around 12 pm and so far so good

It's 2 flocks of them one flock is more game like more aggressive small combs and look more like american games

They do look like game crosses, I have some sneaky free ranging game hens that hatched out some & those haven’t had the super aggressive tendencies either even after I penned up some of half grown males.

Games will fight till one is dead mine were about to kill each other at 7weeks old and need to be separated.
they aren't that aggressive either I'm gonna catch one of the real game looking ones this weekend and show you pictures and they taste delicious btw

I won't keep a cock aggressive toward me but they should be game to the core meaning no quit in them and hens usually if raised together do alright but not males. Ima guess if any game is in the blood most has been breed out they may have the looks but not the heart. A full grown 2yr old cock usually weighs right around 5lbs.

Back
Top Bottom