are goldflame spirea poisonous to chickens?

ducks_rcool329

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Black Forest, Colorado
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knew if Goldflame Spireas are poisonous to chickens? I was going to put one in their run for them to peck at. Thanks
smile.png

Spiraea%2Bbumalda%2B%27Goldflame%27%2B18-24

I honestly don't have a clue. I do know I have had chickens for about 40 years and have never had one die from eating plants. Seems they know what and what not to eat. I have had poisonous flowers, trees, poison oak and ivy. So just in case it is I would just get a lettuce head, tomato or watermelon instead and let them peck at that.

I only wish my dogs were as smart as chickens when it came to eating. Recently my little JRT ate some mushrooms that come up in the grass and put her into renal failure. 5 days at the vet getting fluids to flush her kidneys. I paid for the vets first year of college.

Chickens aren't dumb

Last edited:
Thanks
smile.png
I have done some more google-ing, and I have nto found anyone saying that they are bad for chickens.

TedJan92_in_Idaho: I honestly don't have a clue. I do know I have had chickens for about 40 years and have never had one die from eating plants. Seems they know what and what not to eat. I have had poisonous flowers, trees, poison oak and ivy. So just in case it is I would just get a lettuce head, tomato or watermelon instead and let them peck at that.

I only wish my dogs were as smart as chickens when it came to eating. Recently my little JRT ate some mushrooms that come up in the grass and put her into renal failure. 5 days at the vet getting fluids to flush her kidneys. I paid for the vets first year of college.

Chickens aren't dumb

I'm so sorry to hear about that.
hugs.gif

The vet can be very expensive
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom