Are Mallard/Rounes Ducks Skittish to humans??

farm316

Songster
9 Years
Jul 28, 2014
Hey guys,

Hey guys we are getting new mallard ducks tomorrow this is our 2nd try our last try was not successful and flew away. We were wondering if this time we got mallards that they wouldn't be so scared and afraid the ones that we are trying to get are Juveniles/Adults. (Young Adults) so we are hoping that they may be less scared,

Are Mallards generally Skittish?

Thanks
Farm316

I haven't owned Mallards, but my Rouen hen is pretty friendly. She likes to come up and take cereal out of my hand. Probably just depends on how much time you spend with them. =)

Yep it sounds like it… We will look and decide on them at 2:00 today and we will see then… Do you think that putting small fish in a pool (Kiddie) is a good welcoming gift for them?

Yep it sounds like it… We will look and decide on them at 2:00 today and we will see then… Do you think that putting small fish in a pool (Kiddie) is a good welcoming gift for them?
They'd probably like it. I've never tried fish, but mine like to go after floating Cheerios!

Thanks! We instead got 4 ducklings instead of the 3 juveniles there about 4 days old!

Thanks! We instead got 4 ducklings instead of the 3 juveniles there about 4 days old!
Cool! I think you'll probably have an easier time bonding with babies. Don't get me wrong, juveniles and adults are not impossible to deal with, but do require a bit more patience and devotion. Enjoy your new birds!

Back
Top Bottom