Are my chickens Just in love with me or do they just do this?

Sounds like they REALLY LOVE you...
heartbeat.jpg

My rooster tries it, he's just gotten too heavy. He'll perch on my foot if he thinks it will get him more treats!!! LOL

Its love of the one who feeds them most
big_smile.png

I don't have one that volunteers to fly up (unless I have noodles) but Tallulah will hop on if I hold my arm in front of her.
wink.png

Sienna needs convincing but once she gets on my arm, she'll roost for a bit.

As for Chick-Chick, she's too heavy LOL so I discouraged her months ago from roosting on my arm. She does follow me around like a little puppy sometimes though.

AH gotta believe they love us!!!!!
love.gif

LMBO!!! Lay on the ground with your eyes wide open and you will know how much they love you... They are raptors... I love my girls, but I am well aware of the fact that I am, to them, a food source. They don't love....but they do fear. Always strive to be at the top of the pecking order.

Remember that THUMBS make you the boss of all around you. Kangaroos have pockets, but they don't have thumbs. Can't get their money out of the pockets to buy guns. Thumbs and pockets are the only reason that humans remain as a species.

cool.png

Dash

Mine did that since they were like 2 weeks old, they don't do it as often now because I boot them off... not fancying getting pooped on LOL. Though, sometimes one will try to fly up and roost on my shoulder when I'm feeding.

I can pick mine up, they all wait for me at the front of the coop when I come in, all lined up and excited...mostly for the snow off my boots, but whatever! It's ALL chicken love!

I remember when my Australorp (Molly) first started to lay, she looked so distressed one day pacing back and forth that when I sat down next to her to see what was wrong, she jumped into my lap and started doing that scratching thing to hollow out where she wanted to lay her egg...in my lap! Now that was love! She now lays in the box but still is very affectionate. Thank goodness I had thick jeans on that day...LOL!

i've posted this before, but i like the photo so...

this is my girl yelling at me before scratching and pecking up a nest on me. typical woman
lol.png

henrietta.jpg

Back
Top Bottom