Are my Eggs late? Help

mckee farms

Chirping
Jan 26, 2015
New Alluwe Oklahoma
I have some chicken eggs in my incubator and they are suppose to hatch today the ( 21st ), I dont have any babies and was wondering is usually on the day they hatch? or are they late? just worried. also I was told to pull the red plastic plug on the incubator when they start to hatch? also was told they dont need water in there when they hatch, so do i change the temperature when they hatch or leave it between 90 and 100F? thanks so much.

leave it at about 99.5-100.5 and they will hatch they should start pipping today, sometimes they are just late, did you have a temp spike or drop? did you candle to make sure all were progressing? if you put them in on the 1st you are not at 21 days until tomorrow.

You can get staggered hatches due to low tempreture during incubation, don't worry day 21 is the AVERAGE hatch day but they can be late or early. I have had chicks start to pip as late as day 23. Once the chicks start hatching pull out the red plug so the chicks don't suffercate. Try to keep the humidity at 65% during lockdown so that the membranes don't dry out and keep the tempreture between 99-100F.

For more help and advice don't hesitate to pop over to

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...riends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends

You can get staggered hatches due to low tempreture during incubation, don't worry day 21 is the AVERAGE hatch day but they can be late or early. I have had chicks start to pip as late as day 23. Once the chicks start hatching pull out the red plug so the chicks don't suffercate. Try to keep the humidity at 65% during lockdown so that the membranes don't dry out and keep the tempreture between 99-100F.

For more help and advice don't hesitate to pop over to

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...riends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends
thanks

I have some chicken eggs in my incubator and they are suppose to hatch today the ( 21st ), I dont have any babies and was wondering is usually on the day they hatch? or are they late? just worried. also I was told to pull the red plastic plug on the incubator when they start to hatch? also was told they dont need water in there when they hatch, so do i change the temperature when they hatch or leave it between 90 and 100F? thanks so much.

I put them in 2-21-16
Whoa, you put them in February 21st??? They should have hatched on the 13th.

Ok, so you put them in the 29th of Feb, today would definitely be the 21st. What kind if incubator are you using, is it still air or or forced? Have you checked thermometers and hygrometers for accuracy? What temps did you run at and what humidity did you run teh first 17 days?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom