are my eggs ok? Got new chicks! come take a look at the video!

Quote:
Yep, Im pretty darn paranoid. Im just wondering why the chickie dosnt want to come out. I still dont even have a real pip yet. Just a dent. How long does it take to make a real pip?

Quote:
yes.
big_smile.png
I think im going to die! I just cant wait!
love.gif
I think I need to put tape over my eyes.
lol.png

Hate cleaning more than straining your eyes at pips? Is the brooder ready and warm? You got all your things together incase you need to step in? You got your heat lamp on? Your celebratory drink? If not - SOMETHING TO DO!!

I got my celebratory Icecream! I walked all over the neighborhood only to find the ice cream truck was right behind my house. Worse of all they were out of my favourite colour screw ball-red. So I had to get a blue. Oh well. At least I have something to occupy me. Then Ill get to the cleaning.
roll.png

Well I'm going off to candle my day 7 eggs, will post pics if I can take them. Hubby in Scotland until tomorrow, may need his help when he gets back.

11/11 wiggling away, although one eggs is now 50% wax on the outside due to excessive craking, but a very very precious egg

Last edited:
Helloooo! Tears are running down my face, I don't think I've laughed this much for a long while. But I really feel for you, so long to wait.
Hope all will be well in a short while. Let nature take it's course.
We had a broody with 6 eggs in a separate pen and on day 20 she hatched out 4 chickies, 2 of the eggs were clear, they are now 7 weeks old and gorgeous,
free ranging with their mum all day, we thought that mum would have abandoned them by now and gone back to her girlfriends, but she hasn't.
Please keep us informed on what is happening. We'll have a cuppa to celebrate!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom