Are people really this ignorant about chicken biology?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with the last two posts, if you are not educated about something due to the fact you are not exposed to it................it does not mean you are stupid.

How do you set the timing on a Chevy small block engine? What do you mean you don't know?!?! I knew how to do that since I was a kid!

See what I mean! You have to be taught to learn.

Andy

DH's nephew, 36, said to me....."I don't understand how the rooster can get sperm inside the egg past that hard shell." His wife seriously rolled her eyes.

He can't set the timing on a Chevy small block engine either.
big_smile.png
Great software programmer though.

edit: my
big_smile.png
wasn't working

Last edited:
No cable, no proper educational system--but we had libraries. I remember sneaking into the library and finding out all kinds of interesting things about human reproduction and marital "duties" when I was 12-13 years old (really naive by today's standards, I thought--but after reading stuff on here maybe I wasn't so backwards afterall).

I never thought that some people never made the transition in knowledge from fish and frogs to chickens and people. If no one really pointed it out to them, why should they? It sure raises interesting pictures in my head of humans that don't have all the facts trying to mate. What did they think their own bodies and instincts were doing to/with them?

Last edited:
I would be willing to bet that if you gave a test on the specific workings of the poultry reproductive system to this website's members, you would be surprised.

I thought libraries were for looking up things that you are interested in. I was not particulary interested in chickens, growing up in the inner city. Am I stupid because I was not an expert on their reproductive system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom