Are six week old chicks more tolerant of heat than a full grown chicken?

They seem to have plenty of shade but VERY inadequate ventilation.

That's a major flaw with all those little dollhouse-looking prefabs. There isn't a one of them that doesn't turn into a rotisserie oven on a hot day. :(
OK I will add some more ventilation somehow. I really don’t like the coop but then again the stupid neighborhood rules. :hit

Its difficult to properly vent a coop that small however you could make it bigger or modify it. Some chickens tolerate the heat better than others(depending on the breed) The breeds with bigger combs do best in warm climates and smaller combs for cold climates.My dads leghorns got frost bite every winter.

Its difficult to properly vent a coop that small however you could make it bigger or modify it. Some chickens tolerate the heat better than others(depending on the breed) The breeds with bigger combs do best in warm climates and smaller combs for cold climates.My dads leghorns got frost bite every winter.
We have two golden comets one Easter Egger and one Barred rock. And we live in Colorado it does get pretty cold.

Back
Top Bottom