Are small-tiny blood drops safe to eat?

Yes. Also they can appear in non-fertilized eggs. I particularly get them from one chicken and I don't have a rooster. It's normal. If your friends ask why they don't see them in their store bought eggs you can explain that during quality control they screen out the eggs with blood spots and use them for other purposes, like when you buy a loaf of bread or another processed item that contains eggs as an ingredient. This way grocery store customers never see the blood spots but the eggs can still be used.

Yes. Also they can appear in non-fertilized eggs. I particularly get them from one chicken and I don't have a rooster. It's normal. If your friends ask why they don't see them in their store bought eggs you can explain that during quality control they screen out the eggs with blood spots and use them for other purposes, like when you buy a loaf of bread or another processed item that contains eggs as an ingredient. This way grocery store customers never see the blood spots but the eggs can still be used.
X2

Yeah they do appear in infertile eggs, otherwise egg companies wouldn't candle the eggs, they have no roosters.
No big deal I just pick it out, but I can understand why a customer wouldn't like it. DW would crack the eggs in a separate container, she didn't like the bloodspot egg either.
The hen that was laying them eventually it stopped and no longer has a bloodspot maybe you'll get lucky also.

I used to think that blood spots meant they were fertile, but that's not the case. A fertile egg will have a white bullseye on the yellow yolk. There are some threads on here that you can check out. The red blood spots are perfectly normal and safe to eat.

Back
Top Bottom