are ther any non-flighty white egg layers?

tommysgirl

Crowing
10 Years
Mar 18, 2012
other than the Dorking? I am hoping to pick up a couple of Dorking Pullets this coming summer but am putting together a chick order for my local feed store and would like to include a white egg layer or two in the mix. We have a 6 foot fence separating us from our next door neighbor and to protect my girls from his Jack Russell I can't have a flighty bird. Any thoughts?

I love the looks of campines, anconas and colored leghorns but they are all described as loving to fly.

Yay California Greys!!! I found this "Unlike most of the white egg breeds, Grays are not flighty birds and are excellent winter layers in cold climates." Plus the feed store can order them for me!

Michael I am in Northern California too, in Lake County. :)

Yay California Greys!!! I found this "Unlike most of the white egg breeds, Grays are not flighty birds and are excellent winter layers in cold climates." Plus the feed store can order them for me!

Michael I am in Northern California too, in Lake County. :)

That's great. I always liked Lake, Mendocino, and Humboldt counties. My home is Marin (Moron) County. The predominant morons who keep voting higher taxes for themselves changed it from Marin to Moron. Anyway, I ordered a few cockerels with majority pullets in case one doesn't make it. If I end up with an extra strong cockerel and pullet, I'd be happy to give them to someone who likes the Greys.

Did you find yours in the North Bay? I am not ordering on-line this year and would like to pick up a few chicks locally. Do you know of a breeder? My feed store has changed their supplier and can't get them any more.

Last edited:
Did you find yours in the North Bay? I am not ordering on-line this year and would like to pick up a few chicks locally. Do you know of a breeder? My feed store has changed their supplier and can't get them any more.

Gotcha on the PM. If you can't get them up there, or don't want 25 chicks, you could always order them from my supplier if you don't mind driving a couple hours. First order is March 22.

I like my hatchery spitzenhaubens, Yes they can fly up high, but as they mature they have made wonderful mothers and love to be around me and they are crazy looking.

Back
Top Bottom