1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are there other people on the forum who do this?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by The Chickeneer, Aug 14, 2011.

1. The Chickeneer

The Chickeneer ~A Morning's Crow~

Sometimes, just to get more posts(to move up a title name), I go to the New Member Intros, type in that thing that looks like this- [​IMG]- (with some other stuff like"so glad u joined" etc.) then submit it. I copie it and go to a different intro, paste it then submit, and so on. Im not doing it to be mean or anything, I do like to welcome new members and do it cause I wan't to. It's not like I do this all the time, just look at how little number of posts I have.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
  2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Presumably. [​IMG] I get the paranoid feeling soemone will find all my posts and realise I do that. So I don't [​IMG]

3. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:You better get busy and find a better way....cause your lacking a bit still in posts. What your doing is not working [​IMG]

4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    It is a good thing to welcome new members to the forum. I think you motives for doing so really don't matter. So the answer is yes I have done it, but I rarely do it all the time.

5. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

Sorry but I don't agree with what you are doing and for the reason. I believe if you check the "rules" you will probably also find that it is not allowed and will not win you any popularity contest.

6. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    I really do not know and knowing me I really am not too interested in the # of my post... but that is just me. [​IMG]

7. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Sorry, I don't see what the big deal is about how many posts we have. It's just a message board. I'd rather welcome people because I WANT to make them feel welcome. To me, the # of posts one has doesn't equal "status". To the contrary, some of my favorite members have fewer posts and a couple of my least favorite have many. I just don't see the big deal with # of posts or titles. How about engaging in topics that actually interest you and building your posts naturally rather than posting arbitrarily? Just my thoughts on it.... [​IMG]

8. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:shh I am gonna beat you soon you know

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:What she said....

10. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Quote:When I try to engage in topics that interest me, I seem to kill the thread [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by