Are these blood rings?

Today is either day 19 or day 20. I sort of lost track of time when my kids got sick for a week. 😂 One egg rolled a little at some point, so I’m assuming someone is moving around in there trying to get positioned! These lockdown days are so stinking suspenseful I can’t stop staring at the eggs! Lol

I can’t wait to share pictures and updates on what will likely be an annoying level. Brace yourselves. 🐣❤️🎉
Can’t wait!🐣

I have a pip in one of the eggs! It’s definitely through the air cell because I hear it chirping (so cute!!!), but it didn’t get through the membrane/shell from what I can see. The shell is cracked like it’s going to break through, but hasn’t yet. It should be able to make its way out within 24 hours, right?

I have a pip in one of the eggs! It’s definitely through the air cell because I hear it chirping (so cute!!!), but it didn’t get through the membrane/shell from what I can see. The shell is cracked like it’s going to break through, but hasn’t yet. It should be able to make its way out within 24 hours, right?
I have watched from the first little crack in the shell, for 24 hours. But once it starts zipping, my experience has been that it goes quick.

What is hatching, do you know? :pop

I have watched from the first little crack in the shell, for 24 hours. But once it starts zipping, my experience has been that it goes quick.

What is hatching, do you know? :pop
The CCL egg hatched!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ It must have made quick work of it once it started because I kept checking throughout the night. It was like a little wrecking ball in the incubator 😂 so I stuck it in the brooder since the other eggs weren’t doing anything yet. It was trying to get comfortable to nap but couldn’t.

I made a mama heating pad brooder and I’m so nervous about it, but I stuck the chick under there and it went quiet and went to sleep. If it was cold or hot it would tell me, right?

Attachments

• AACB39BB-50D4-44AD-9960-BCC5C05341FF.jpeg
    AACB39BB-50D4-44AD-9960-BCC5C05341FF.jpeg
    456.1 KB · Views: 5
I think it has splay legs, so I followed an article on how to wrap the legs using half a bandaid. It couldn’t get its legs underneath itself to get around.

Attachments

• 83D6ADAE-E998-4BDA-A570-9D3D0EC36460.jpeg
    83D6ADAE-E998-4BDA-A570-9D3D0EC36460.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DCC48CD7-9C0F-43EF-967E-0EEF45AF57DC.jpeg
    DCC48CD7-9C0F-43EF-967E-0EEF45AF57DC.jpeg
    432.6 KB · Views: 5
Another egg pipped (silver laced Wyandotte)! Seems to have missed the air cell and there’s a smidge of blood. 😕Going to leave it alone and pray for the best!❤️

The CCL egg hatched!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ It must have made quick work of it once it started because I kept checking throughout the night. It was like a little wrecking ball in the incubator 😂 so I stuck it in the brooder since the other eggs weren’t doing anything yet. It was trying to get comfortable to nap but couldn’t.

I made a mama heating pad brooder and I’m so nervous about it, but I stuck the chick under there and it went quiet and went to sleep. If it was cold or hot it would tell me, right?
Congrats on the hatchings!

Just a note on the mama heating pad, I made one for my chickies and followed someone advising that it's fine for the back end to slope all the way tot he floor of their brooder when they're young. Unfortunately when I had 4 chicks in there the other three crowded one of the youngest ones into the very back, she couldn't escape the heat/suffocation and died. She was less than a day old. It was so devastating. I thought having access on 3 sides was sufficient, but it wasn't. So now I have the back lifted up as well so that they can get in or out on all 4 sides.

I'm new to this as well and i was worried too! They definitely let you know if they're cold, they'll cheap real loud.

Congrats on the hatchings!

Just a note on the mama heating pad, I made one for my chickies and followed someone advising that it's fine for the back end to slope all the way tot he floor of their brooder when they're young. Unfortunately when I had 4 chicks in there the other three crowded one of the youngest ones into the very back, she couldn't escape the heat/suffocation and died. She was less than a day old. It was so devastating. I thought having access on 3 sides was sufficient, but it wasn't. So now I have the back lifted up as well so that they can get in or out on all 4 sides.

I'm new to this as well and i was worried too! They definitely let you know if they're cold, they'll cheap real loud.
Thank you!! I got the same advice actually, so I opened up the back as well. I’m so sorry for your loss. 😢

So far I really like the heating pad, but I am interested to see how it works with multiple chicks under there instead of just the one! 🙏🏼

Back
Top Bottom