Are these brown leghorns?

catlvr976

Chirping
13 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Near Meadville, Pa
I got these from Meyer hatchery. I didn't order them and have no idea what they are or if they're girls or boys. They are almost 5 1/2 weeks old.

Picture005.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

I hope you can see those pics. Thanks for the help!!
Jessica

edited to add: the one in the last pic isn't blind, it must've been the flash that did that to his/her eye.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have 2 barred rocks and a dominique. I was curious about the striped brown ones with the reddish head.

Actually, I have a buff orpington, black australorp, 2 barred rocks, 2 gold laced wyandottes, a white rock, a RIR, a dominique, and those 2 that I don't know what they are.

Here is my roo leghorn, I don't have a pic of my girls right now. BUT.. how old are they?My leghorns had very black rings around their eyes and the girls had almost Cleopatra like rings with a line going out before their teenage feathers came in. They also had a dark line of feathers down their back. Here is Doc at 6 weeks and he is a Brown leghorn roo.

MAY2007045.jpg

MAY2007114.jpg

his bootie feathers are a dark grey / black now.

The penciled one in the first picture is feathered a lot like my Gold Campines. If it is a Gold Campine it is a rooster because my gold Campine hens have very small combs but the rooster has a very large one. It could very well be a Partridge rock like others have said. It is not a Brown Leghorn. Monty

the one in the last pic isn't blind, it must've been the flash that did that to his/her eye

That's the third eyelid!

Could be partridge but partridge tends to follow the contour of the feather in other words V shaped, that looks more like the straight barring you would find on a Campine.​

Back
Top Bottom