are these developing ok??

Well It’s a bit on the iffy side at this time of year but if you have a really warm place to keep the incubator (and maybe keep the styrofoam covering on it if you still have it), I don’t see why you couldn’t. I’ve tried it in The end of august before and got an ok hatch rate

Well It’s a bit on the iffy side at this time of year but if you have a really warm place to keep the incubator (and maybe keep the styrofoam covering on it if you still have it), I don’t see why you couldn’t. I’ve tried it in The end of august before and got an ok hatch rate
do you think they will have their feathers by the time it gets cold out?

Where do you liven the world? I your somewhere like me, in washington, then it may be getting to cold. I your in a warmer climate then you may be able to hatch more eggs.
In Vermont, starting to get cold now but I know they grow so fast that I didn't know if they would be able to get their warm feathers in time for our cold winters.

If you keep the ducklings in your garage, I don’t really think they would have a good enough chance unless you have 2-3 lights, but inside somewhere like a basement is a little better

I you did hatch eggs, does it freeze where you are, or snow? I fit does, then by the time they hd fethures it would be close to freezing. you would have to keep them in you house al year or until it gets warm if you live in a place like me. You don't want to put newly featured ducklings out into the almost freezing weather. If your willing to keep them inside, o run a very warm shop or shed until they are at least full size or likely year round the you could try again. But I won't suggest raising them until adult hood, in a warm house, and then just automatically putting them outside in possible ice or snow. That is a dramatic temp change for them.

I am in Western NC. It’s already getting to the 50s F where we are
Its getting
If you keep the ducklings in your garage, I don’t really think they would have a good enough chance unless you have 2-3 lights, but inside somewhere like a basement is a little better
When we got our ducklings in March I kept
I you did hatch eggs, does it freeze where you are, or snow? I fit does, then by the time they hd fethures it would be close to freezing. you would have to keep them in you house al year or until it gets warm if you live in a place like me. You don't want to put newly featured ducklings out into the almost freezing weather. If your willing to keep them inside, o run a very warm shop or shed until they are at least full size or likely year round the you could try again. But I won't suggest raising them until adult hood, in a warm house, and then just automatically putting them outside in possible ice or snow. That is a dramatic temp change for them.
Good point, I'm so impatient! But I think i will wait till spring..

Back
Top Bottom