Are these emu eggs fertile? Hatchalong

Pics
48E35315-15EF-4B57-B2E5-A552147B45E4.jpeg

The little dinosaur feet!! 😭♥️
Well… they are dinosaurs 🥰

Willy blessed the birb area with another egg last night. That’s #31. This one will go into the incubator this evening.

The oldest peep isn’t nice to the young ones. So keeping them separated until they can walk and fend for themselves. Purchased an extra large heating pad, just need to figure out how to make it into a cave 🤔

He’s just glad I’m occupied and not trying to get cows 🤣

Ideas on cheap items for the bottom? So far the play pen has cost $35. Not trying to buy much else. Found a package of unused flooring underlayment, have heat lamps already (the black ones) and can’t go wrong with cardboard boxes with painters tape. Have bundles of rolls of it. But these little suckers can poop. And poop. And poop.
0ACFC2AD-5974-41D9-BDCF-5FEDF2B31A86.jpeg

The blanket can be rinsed and washed. Will just be a lot of work. I already pick up/wipe up poop as they make them. Hoping they will find homes in two weeks after they hatch. Or I’m going to be overrun with emus 🤗

He’s just glad I’m occupied and not trying to get cows 🤣

Ideas on cheap items for the bottom? So far the play pen has cost $35. Not trying to buy much else. Found a package of unused flooring underlayment, have heat lamps already (the black ones) and can’t go wrong with cardboard boxes with painters tape. Have bundles of rolls of it. But these little suckers can poop. And poop. And poop.
View attachment 3038977

The blanket can be rinsed and washed. Will just be a lot of work. I already pick up/wipe up poop as they make them. Hoping they will find homes in two weeks after they hatch. Or I’m going to be overrun with emus 🤗

I use puppy pads under pine pellets in my chick brooder but I'm not sure that would work for your dino babies. lol

I use puppy pads under pine pellets in my chick brooder but I'm not sure that would work for your dino babies. lol
Good idear! I’ll swing by a feed store tomorrow and grab both. Already made the papa emu heat thingy, but it has to be on high to even warm the thing up. Found some 1” hardware cloth stuff that holds shape really well and just put both in a pillowcase. The good part is emus don’t climb all over things like chickens, so there shouldn’t be any poop on top of it.

Wiping up the poops as they happen doesn’t seem doable all day for 5 dinosaurs. Once they’ve soaked up their yolks, they’re going to ALL be pooping like crazy. So shavings will buy me some time between cleanings.

Back
Top Bottom