Are these oyster shells suitable for ducks?

I use the manna pro and have ever since I got chickens 5 yrs ago. My ducks nibble on it as well. The bag lasts quite a long time. I've never had any issues, but as with all things, inspect before giving it to your chickens or ducks.

That's just crazy. I wonder if manna pro uses some sort of steel wool machine to clean the oyster shell? Did you reach out to the company?
No, didn’t bother, @Isaac 0 said he had the same experience, pick them out and move on. I switched to this product and they seem to like it, more consistent size and smaller, I believe it is an stone product rather than ground shell. And actually I haven’t seen shelless eggs since switching now that I think about it.

Attachments

• 0CC891CB-F298-4B6F-9368-976858DEA44E.jpeg
    0CC891CB-F298-4B6F-9368-976858DEA44E.jpeg
    423.9 KB · Views: 1
No, didn’t bother, @Isaac 0 said he had the same experience, pick them out and move on. I switched to this product and they seem to like it, more consistent size and smaller, I believe it is an stone product rather than ground shell. And actually I haven’t seen shelless eggs since switching now that I think about it.
This is definitely bothersome, but I have had the same bag since the beginning and have found nothing. But, next time I need some, I will look for another brand. I don't think I have many options though. Its tsc or a local feed mill. The feed mill has manna pro. 😬

Last edited:
If you want to give your ducks calcium I recommend making your own, for my quail I take shells from chicken eggs (when I make am omelet or something), wash them, dry them out, then bake them on the lowest temp my oven can bake at for about 10-20 minutes and then grind the shells up. This calcium dust worked perfectly for my quails, I just mixed it in their food and they gave lots of good eggs. I'm not sure about ducks, I've never raised them to a laying age

Back
Top Bottom